• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Record of Lodoss War: The Grey Witch Manga Ends in April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:21 am Reply with quote
It´s a good manga and here is my MU review for anyone that cares. I hope more are comming for the other (still unadapted) books.

Another remake? (7,5/10)
The manga is another quality retelling of the original Lodoss story about the crusade against the witch Carla with all of the gang and story present. I had fun while reading and clean the art is dynamic with good execution of the action/use of blood but i don´t think though that THIS series is strictly needed. Isn´t this the forth version of the same tale after all? Don´t get me wrong i am continuing with the story and it is overall a bit better then Lodoss Tousenki: Haiiro no Majo but i will stick to the original Madhouse OVA as that is the best version and the original ending is good. Most of the OVA still hold up btw. It would be great though if we could get new story in the Lodoss world or adaptations of the narratives that haven´t left japan yet. This team is ideal for the task so maybe i will get to read them one day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:50 am Reply with quote
It looks like in addition to having the same title this is the same story as the 1998 Record of Lodoss War: The Grey Witch.
Other than the artist is there anything different about the new manga?

It really will not matter to me unless somebody decides to license and release it in North America.
So right now I am just curious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:09 am Reply with quote
Wow, they were still doing manga adaptations of this?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1