• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Release Darker Than Black on Blu-Ray Premium Edition

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Wow....didn't see this coming.

I'm considering getting this since I am a fan of the series despite the price tag.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MisterLuck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I hate to be salty on this awesome series getting a Blu-ray. But this is some bulls***, that it's limited and they quickly threw up a link to their site on Youtube just to quickly get it sold out. Rightstuf and Amazon don't even have it listed yet, so how can others get a copy. I don't trust Funimation's shipping especially after what I've seen of Cowboy Bebop Funimation.com's release and how they just took a flat box and put it in there with nothing to protect it. I hope they fix this, if they continue to do this.
Dfens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow a littler overly ambitious to think that this show will sell 5000 units for a premium edition. I liked the show and was pissed that it was DVD only but I don't think it was popular enough that warrants a special edition.

I hope it has a regular Blu-Ray release since I don't see myself spending 60 plus dollars on this show.
Ownsin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:38 pm Reply with quote
When i saw Hei's picture on the front page i thought we were getting a third season for Darker than Black, unfortunately this was not the case Sad
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:44 pm Reply with quote
The blu-ray isn't that surprising, but a premium edition is. The show is old enough and had enough releases that it seems hard to believe that it warrants that many copies.
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Right in time for me not to have money for it. Anyone think this will pull off a Bebop and become super rare and expensive?
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:55 pm Reply with quote
sanosuke32 wrote:
Right in time for me not to have money for it. Anyone think this will pull off a Bebop and become super rare and expensive?

The Psycho-Pass PE edition is still available,and that's a newer show. I can't see this selling out immediately.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I like Darker than Black, but I'm not sure if I really want to Double-dip on it. I like interesting packaging but an easel? So will this be something similar to the CB vinyl record packaging? I want something that will fit on my shelves not take up extra space.
Funi's website wrote:
Special Feature Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 2.0, Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0, English Stereo, Japanese Stereo
Would have liked to see a 5.1 mix.

Quote:
Release Date: 5/12/2015
Retail Price: $99.98
Price: $74.99

Its not outrageously priced, so maybe I'll wait to see what it looks like before deciding. Hopefully they get some pics up sooner than later.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Ownsin wrote:
When i saw Hei's picture on the front page i thought we were getting a third season for Darker than Black, unfortunately this was not the case Sad

Same. *wipes tear*
MisterLuck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
sanosuke32 wrote:

It could. The moment Funimation says half are gone, then they'll be all gone in a matter of minutes.
LavenderMintRose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:25 pm Reply with quote
I hope they give Code Geass this sort of set! Seeing them do this for an older show just got my hopes up for my favorite~
++ I should actually watch Darker than Black, I think. Because similarities and all. Masks, green-haired girl... Pizza Hut.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Oh. Hell. Yes. Been waiting for this for years Smile.
MisterLuck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:32 pm Reply with quote
@LavenderMintRose That would be awesome if Code Geass got this treatment, though I hope it isn't limited just to a premium edition to get it. Also Darker than Black is a pretty good series definitely worth checking out, but that's just my opinion.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Aniplex most likely had this as a condition to release it on Blu-Ray. Will buy from Right Stuf since they have the best shipping(I think they could move all 5000 units, this is a popular series after all).

Would have been better if they did a chipboard box though.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
sanosuke32 wrote:

Doubtful. Cowboy Bebop has lots of exposure due to being on TV for so long and it has a status as a classic that Darker Than Black doesn't.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4