• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Triage X (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote

Triage X (TV)

Genres: Action, Adventure, Ecchi, School, Shounen
Themes:

Plot Summary: Mochizuki General Hospital boasts some of the most well-trained (and well-endowed) nurses in town. But though these ladies spend much of their day battling sickness, their after-hours are spent fighting a very different sort of disease... Under the leadership of the hospital chairman, a handful of staff members and local teenagers form a group of mercenary assassins, targeting the "cancers" of society and excising those individuals before their wickedness spreads.
----------------------------------

The character designs are pretty obvious for those who are familiar with High School of the Dead. From what I understand, this series is more of an action adventure (without the zombies). It seems to portray similar themes though especially involving survival.

I expect a 1 cour adaptation by Xebec (would be kinda interesting to see a 2 cour since I think there are enough volumes).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Got a lot of High School of the Dead vibes from this in terms of character designs. Action was okay but they had to censor some of the scenes huh? Guess that means BDs then.

OP song is better than I had expected but the story is meh so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Oh, wow!
Fan service right off the bat.
Decided to give 1st ep a try 'cause of the action.
I like the male character.
Female characters are very ecchi..
Action scenes were good but not good enough to forget all the ecchiness.
Leaving this one to the guys.. enjoy!
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

I thought that was actually pretty good and it stayed true to the manga, apart from the additional scene after the ED which was a tad early... but I guess they want to increase anticipation for later on.

The animation was good, the 'jiggle' physics on par with those of Highschool of the Dead as expected. I just hope they don't rush through and do include the sub-plot's that involve Oriha and Hitsugi, which I am especially looking forward to.

So yeah, decent start and fingers-crossed they can build on this for next week which should be a cracker if they follow the manga's progression of events.
Justaway

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Putting aside the stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid fan service (insert your own swear words, I gave you a lot of slots), the MC was cool.

I mean, when we first saw him with his mask off he looked badass. If looks could kill, this guy would cause a genocide. And he looked mature, too, I thought we'd be spared a high school protagonist. Then the next scene he's in a classroom. Damnit! And his backstory was nice and dramatic. But since he's surrounded by giant-breasted girls on all fronts, I'd be willing to bet he has the sexual drive of a dead fish.

Other than that... well, I summed it up in my first sentence. The naked chick from the final scene (because 2 straps of leather are NOT clothing in any way, shape, or form) has almost convinced to drop this and not look back.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Haha, I didn't really mention the fan-service because it was quite timid compared to other shows lately. On that front and not trying to spoil anything - spoiler[You don't tend to get much service apart from the "downtime" between cases.] spoiler[Think Highschool of the Dead bathroom scene but worse/better for those who are familiar.]

I was flicking through the manga and we've covered the spoiler[first case which is half of book one]. It does have me slightly worried about pacing issues for further cases with only 10 episodes announced (so far)... Guess a 2 cour could be on the cards if it performs well.
Alexbaked

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed it.

It gave it a lot of HOTD vibe which makes me sad Sad lol but still good Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

For some reason based on the very start I was expecting more fanservice, although I guess there is enough. Some parts looked pretty cool, so it might be an interesting watch. I really liked coming to the conclusion at the end of the episode that the spoiler[little boy we saw earlier was just a figment of the main character's mind, that his friend is still in his head].

Some really awkward exposition though.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:53 am Reply with quote
This show is really dumb. It got panned by all the preview reviewers and I can only say I agree with them. The only word I could use to describe the fan service is contemptuous.

It is remotely possible it might redeem itself later but from the looks of it I don't have much hope.
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I dig the overall premise and idea.

I think it would have fit better with university students, not so much High Schoolers.

I think there is also too much huge knocker action. There really is no need for the amount there is already.

Just my 2 cents.
casualfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:27 pm Reply with quote
That was a decent first episode. Great fanservice and action. The story is dark and entertaining, too. Looking forward to upcoming episodes.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Not really liking Akio Takami's character designs here. Man likes huge knockers, and I respect him for that, but personally I think they look ugly. I liked it enough to keep watching, and its only 10 episodes
casualfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:53 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind the huge rack. Reminds me of Highschool of the Dead. Not enough anime these days venture to that character design. Mostly just the moe type. So at least this anime tries to be different in its fanservice.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:03 am Reply with quote
casualfan wrote:
I don't mind the huge rack.

I don't mind a huge rack either, to a certain point. Takami's designs cross that point
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:58 am Reply with quote
casualfan wrote:
That was a decent first episode. Great fanservice and action. The story is dark and entertaining, too. Looking forward to upcoming episodes.

Sure, I guess I could have found my own way to say the exact same thing, but I'm feeling lazy so agree-quote it is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4