• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Video Game Rankings, March 9-15

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Yakuza 0!

When will it come over here?
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Digimon!!! When will it come over here.

Another week at #1 for PS4. I'm expecting 1 full month at #1. FF XV demo(and Type-0) next week with the Suzaku PS4.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations to Digimon Cybersleuth placing third. Smile

It would be great if Digimon would make another appearance in the American side of gaming...
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:30 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
Yakuza 0!

Not sure, but I hope SEGA willing to do it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hojo 360

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
Yakuza 0!

Id say it depends on how well part 5 sells in NA but since Sega seems to be lazy 2 or 3 years lol.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:32 pm Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
Yakuza 0!

Id say it depends on how well part 5 sells in NA but since Sega seems to be lazy 2 or 3 years lol.

I heard it's digital only though Confused

not everyone in the US have fast internet speed

i do have 50Mbps-- but not a fan of digital games :/
hojo 360

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:12 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
Yakuza 0!

hojo 360 wrote:

AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

I heard it's digital only though Confused

not everyone in the US have fast internet speed

i do have 50Mbps-- but not a fan of digital games :/
Well yea that's Sega they tend to not care much about Yakuza in the states. I my self imported 5 only played the demo for 0 so far but not that happy with it

{Fixed your quotations. Am giving a strike for over-quoting. ~nbahn}
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:49 pm Reply with quote
For me, it's worrying about Sony's hackable servers which keeps me from D/L'ing Yakuza 5. A shame, too, 'cus I'd also like to get Mega Man 9 and 10. Crying or Very sad
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
For me, it's worrying about Sony's hackable servers which keeps me from D/L'ing Yakuza 5. A shame, too, 'cus I'd also like to get Mega Man 9 and 10. Crying or Very sad

Use prepaid PSN cards instead of your personal info?
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
GATSU wrote:

Use prepaid PSN cards instead of your personal info?

the last hack was a few years back--- but other than that--- it's just DDOS attacks---

but if it's hack--- it's all over, target, home depot.. etc..

This is why i like using credit cards Smile I don't care how much they charged on my card-- if i was not the one making those purchases? i don't have to be responsible for any of them.

I got my credit card number stolen once-- in 30 minutes they racked up about $3000 from various places (virgin mobile, plane tickets, electronics, etc.)

I disputed the charges. They cleared all the fraud charges from my account.

I don't use debit cards. It's stupid using a card that is linked to my checking account. Credit Card is a best there is since it's linked to my virtual debt account! Laughing $0 fraud liability. You can't beat that.

The new Smart/pin credit card will help lower the fraud down a bit. Europe and Canada have these smart cards for a while now though.

[img]http://www.goedps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/LabeledSmartCard.png?fdc69d[/img]
eternalblue81

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Ryū ga Gotoku 0 did so well. I really hope that Yakuza 5 will do well here. Although I prefer buying physical games, this will definitely be an exception I'll happily make to play a translated Yakuza 5.

I really hope that Digimon Cybersleuth does well enough to be released in English. It has been the one new Vita game I've looked most forward to playing. I could see it being more likely to make it here if there were a PS4 port made, though, which would be awesome as well. Same with God Eater 2.

AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

This is why i like using credit cards Smile I don't care how much they charged on my card-- if i was not the one making those purchases? i don't have to be responsible for any of them.

Clearly you haven't heard the horror stories of having your credit card info linked to your PSN account, then. If you're unlucky enough to have some scammer guess your PSN password and you have your credit card linked, you'll have a very hard time convincing Sony that the purchase made were not legitimate and if you try to dispute the charges and/or chargeback, your account will be banned and you lose access to all games you've purchased under it.

There's a reason why PSN cards are constantly amongst the top-selling video game-related items sold on Amazon. Just buy small amounts of however much you need at the time, and NEVER keep your credit card info stored on PSN or any other sites if you can help it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1