• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail's Tartarus Arc Previewed in Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Wonderful. One of my favorite arcs from the manga to be adapted. I hope it will be faithful and capture all the memorable moments. Very excited for Spring!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vennex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I actually haven't read the manga but have heard lots of goods things about the arc. I am very excited for the Canon episodes to resume!
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
1 more filler episode left! Kanpai!
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Overall, I like the Tartarus Arc (and the preceding mini-arcs, which A-1 Pictures counts as part of the Tartarus Arc, apparently), and I expect it to be one of the 2nd series' highlights. I wonder how A-1 Pictures will handle with the spoiler[torture & abuse, as well as the more borderline-nudity,] scenes that are in the manga?

I really would like to know what are plans for Fairy Tail after A-1 Pictures finish animating this Arc, since there isn't enough content in the manga to animate before they'll reach a Dragon Ball Z situation. It would be a shame to see Natsu power-up his flames for 2 episodes, trading blows for another two, and the opponent gets an Anime Original flashback to stall for another episode.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Wait this arc ended just a few months ago? No wonder the fillers continued for so long (not complaining though, I like the episodic fillers).
Very much looking forward to this arc, I wonder how long the anime will take to complete it and what tey're going to do afterwards.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LokiReed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:31 pm Reply with quote
no more fillers! woot!
mehh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Finally! Stopped watching when the filler arc first began, ages ago. FT fillers are always shit.
Deoxy360

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:11 am Reply with quote
What about the Sun Village arc? The arc that leads into the Tartarus arc.

Or does Japan count that as the Tartarus arc too?
ChrisA15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:12 am Reply with quote
I don't read the Manga so I'm not sure but doesn't the Sun village arc come before the Tartarus Arc.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:14 am Reply with quote
I think the anime staff considers the Sun Village arc to be part of the Tartarus arc. Those statues you see in the beginning of the PV are from the Sun Village arc (I looked it up on the Fairy Tail wiki).
Drunk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:30 am Reply with quote
The Tartarus manga arc consists of 76 chapters. If the studio sticks closely to the manga we will get something like 35 to 40 episodes. As the current manga arc just started 2 months ago I guess there will be new filler episodes after that...maybe a couple of episodes about each important character and what they have been up to during the timeskip?
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:15 am Reply with quote
For those who ask about the Sun Village Arc.. if u watch the Video it's onlY Footage from the Sun Village Arc.. It's just the anime takes the SVA as a part of the Tartarus Arc!
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:12 am Reply with quote
Deoxy360 wrote:
What about the Sun Village arc? The arc that leads into the Tartarus arc.

Or does Japan count that as the Tartarus arc too?

Did you not see the trailer? The frozen giants, Erza turning into a child, the guy with the crazy teeth? Sun Village stuff.

Drunk wrote:
The Tartarus manga arc consists of 76 chapters. If the studio sticks closely to the manga we will get something like 35 to 40 episodes. As the current manga arc just started 2 months ago I guess there will be new filler episodes after that...maybe a couple of episodes about each important character and what they have been up to during the timeskip?

Don't forget the 15-chapter Sun Village arc, which could be made into 8 or so episodes. That'd bring it to around 48 episodes, like the anime's first year.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:00 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:

I guess taking that long hiatus between ep. 175 & 176 was good so that they could catch up on animating it.
Drunk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:09 pm Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:

Don't forget the 15-chapter Sun Village arc, which could be made into 8 or so episodes. That'd bring it to around 48 episodes, like the anime's first year.

I already included that into the number.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2