• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Noitamina's Punch Line Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:49 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Noitamina, get the lead to actually be voiced by a guy and I will probably watch it.

why is this a problem when you watch subbed anime with no sound?

and seriously? Twice in the same thread in just over 12 hours
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
If he sees underwear, humanity will be destroyed!?

This will need one hell of a twist or just have the most completely unexpected tone and approach to make sense in my mind as a Noit series. Seems like generic anime #53774s that you'd see anywhere else.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:41 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
why is this a problem when you watch subbed anime with no sound?

and seriously? Twice in the same thread in just over 12 hours

Because sometimes I do watch sound subbed anime and also because I feel that it generally sounds forced, unnatural, weird, and unnecessary. Keep in mind that is for boys 13+

Some of the posts that I did about this in an AnimeSuki thread called "Criticism of when women do the voices of 13+ boys in anime" that was stated by me:

-I'm more for men doing the voices of 13+ boys in nearly all circumstances (specifically, in harem/fan service titles,
because I find it distracting if a clumsy MC is on a guy and that MC is voiced by a woman. To me, it just feels unnatural for this. If it was more boyish voice like Junko Takeuchi as Naruto, I am more forgiving). That is, if I was to watch 100 anime titles where a 13+ MC is voiced by a girl, I think that perhaps only 10 (at most) are the right fit if he isn't androgynous, cross-dressing, or get turned into a girl.

I think it is also possible that even if the director approved a woman doing the voice of a main guy, the casting choice was a mistake (depending on the character and their personality).

I think it's more natural to have a guy to a teen boy's voice based on how their voice sounds but I don't think it's my intent to object based on the gender. It's more so the voice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2