• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Licenses Yowamushi Pedal, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, 11 More Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I think Yowamushi Pedal is a good idea for Yen. I think of it as more a fujoshi manga than a sports manga. I just got back from Anime Boston today, and that series was wicked popular with fan artists and female cosplayers.

Women make up a higher percentage of manga buyers than men, while men make up a higher percentage of anime buyers. So I think this sort of series will do better in manga, as opposed to anime like Big Windup! which have failed.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Cool Nozaki-kun cant wait to get it
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:56 pm Reply with quote
NOZAKI TIME BABY
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Too bad about Servant x Service being digital only (and so far not getting a BD from Aniplex).
Ren-Ren#1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:03 pm Reply with quote
I'd likely check out the post-anime parts of the YP manga, if Yen Press' releases make it that far.

Hiiiiime hime! Hime! Suki suki daisuki...
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Yen Press got Yowamushi Pedal and Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun! Yes and Yes! Thank you Yen Press! Very Happy

Although, I would have thought that Viz would get these, but I'm just happy that there'll be an English release for these.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:49 pm Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
Wow, Yowamushi Pedal is a big surprise. Hopefully it will do well and publishers can finally see sports manga as a viable option for licensing in English.

Indeed. I've not even seen it yet and I'm rooting for it (Speaking as an unintended KuroBasu fan).

Super psyched for Nozaki-kun! And I hope Servant X Service does well enough to warrant a printed release; its anime was a ton of fun.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Nozaki-kun! Great news!
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Will go for Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun and Dragon's Rioting for physical release. On fence about Aldnoah.Zero.

Shame those that are digital release only are what I want as physical:

Today's Kerberos
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Yowamushi Pedal, Gekkan Shōjo Nozaki-kun, Handa-kun and more... That's an impressive list.
RazzBerrieCharm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:22 pm Reply with quote
About time for Nozaki! It is worth it! Especially since it goes further and funnier than the actual anime.

If you like the anime, I highly recommend checking out the manga!
yomanffgg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:37 pm Reply with quote
I don't like digital only titles causes I can't buy them
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so YenPress are definitely getting my money when it comes to Nozaki-kun. Potentially, may have my money for the 2 volumes of Sakura no Himegoto...maybe. It is only 2 volumes...so I'll probably end up getting it.

They would've gotten some more of my money, if Servant x Service was in print. As it is digital, won't be buying it. If it is ever printed, then my wallet will have to bear the brunt of an assault.

There are some series that, during a quick search, didn't give me much info...or any, Shut-In Shoutarou Kominami Takes on the World being one of them. But, since it and the others I wanted to have a look into are digital only, not going to be too fussed about not finding the info. Laughing

Still, I get Nozaki-kun. And, that's all that really matters to me, at this point. Very Happy
Schierke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote
Im glad Yowamushi and Nozaki got picked up but Yen Press is always expensive to buy from. I hope that these don't go with the trend and end up costing around $15... Its way too much! Crying or Very sad and i also read that they picked up prison school and its gonna be selling for around $20? I could buy two books from Shounen Jump with that smh.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:53 am Reply with quote
Schierke wrote:
Im glad Yowamushi and Nozaki got picked up but Yen Press is always expensive to buy from. I hope that these don't go with the trend and end up costing around $15... Its way too much! Crying or Very sad and i also read that they picked up prison school and its gonna be selling for around $20? I could buy two books from Shounen Jump with that smh.

A lot of their more expensive titles are omnibus editions or (likely) bad sellers. Prison School's MSRP is 20 dollars but can be bought at Amazon or TRSI for ~15. Judging by the 400 page count, it's a two volume omnibus.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3