• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: VR Headset Lets You Take Your Virtual Idol on a Virtual Date

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
This looks like such a stereotypical Japanese invention, complete with Engrish like "Roller Corster" and "Bangie Jump"! Also, guaranteed to make the viewer look awkward.

I see the Bandai-Namco logo briefly in the Roller Corster app. Is Bandai-Namco helping in making this thing, did it make the app, or is it just endorsing it?
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:14 pm Reply with quote
@Leafy Sea Dragon,

Good question.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
And the birth rate plummets to the ground and never recovers.
Still, I'd use it. A date with Fate? HELL YEAH!!

How much further can the Japanese stoop to losing touch with reality?

Honestly who cares they are their own people. How they live life is up to them as long as it doesn't affect us. Plus the world is already populated enough.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Broly The Saiyan wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

How much further can the Japanese stoop to losing touch with reality?

Honestly who cares they are their own people. How they live life is up to them as long as it doesn't affect us. Plus the world is already populated enough.

IMHO, the world is overpopulating right now, and it's only going to get worse. Perhaps what Japan is doing isn't that bad of an idea.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Broly The Saiyan wrote:

Japan having a aging population is not a good thing, it'll effect their economy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:23 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Broly The Saiyan wrote:

Japan having a aging population is not a good thing, it'll effect their economy.

Oh please japan wont go through that if anyone has to worry about their economy it is america with their large debt that is over trillions. So nice try but as I said japan can handle themselves.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Broly The Saiyan wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Oh please japan wont go through that if anyone has to worry about their economy it is america with their large debt that is over trillions. So nice try but as I said japan can handle themselves.

It's not the debt by itself; it's the debt-to-GDP ratio. The idea is to compare how much a country owes to how much it earns (since GDP can also be thought of as national income). A low debt-to-GDP ratio indicates an economy that produces and sells goods and services sufficient to pay back debts without incurring further debt.

Ex: a smaller economy (lower GDP) may have a smaller debt than a larger economy (higher GDP), but the larger economy earns a lot more (lower debt-to-GDP ratio) such that the country can pay back its larger debt more easily than the smaller economy (higher debt-to-GDP ratio) can pay back its smaller debt. So it's not just the debt by itself that matters - it's also how well an economy could (theoretically) pay it back.

100% --> the debt equals the GDP (i.e. how much you owe equals how much you earn)

Less than 100% --> you owe less than you earn

More than 100% --> you owe more than you earn
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
@Enurtsol,

Thanks for the data. Also the aging population and the tax hike is not making Japan's economic any better:

Japan’s Household Spending and Retail Sales Decline after Japan got out of recession

Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2