• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arakawa Designs Heroic Legend of Arslan Characters for Anime Before Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
How interesting. I wonder what these characters' roles will play and if there will be differences when the manga gets there? Should be interesting. The latest Arslan Senki chapter just came out yesterday actually..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's confirms that, at least in some capacity, the anime will continue past the point in which the manga is currently at. I've got the feeling that based of the reception of the series and the home-media sales numbers, it is possible that the anime will be longer than a cour.
bigivel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Well, that's confirms that, at least in some capacity, the anime will continue past the point in which the manga is currently at. I've got the feeling that based of the reception of the series and the home-media sales numbers, it is possible that the anime will be longer than a cour.

By the timeslot it is, is almost obvious that will be 2-cours. All titles in it are 2 cours!

Arslan Senki is in the timeslot of Seven Deadly Sins, Haikyuu!!, Magi, ...
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Cool, I didn't notice the timeslot they got for Arslan, so that's great.

Hameyadea wrote:

Sounds good to me if it were multi-cour Smile

Was hoping for this. Kind of like a hybrid. So yeah, her debuting some new designs for some point in the anime before their manga debut seems like a good possible sign Smile

The less rushing the better, I enjoyed the writing and pacing of the first ep.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
midori kou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm not too worry when the anime starts passing the manga. It's literally an epic story to begin with. Considering the novel has been going on for a long time (since 1986!), there's plenty of content to cover. =3
wohdin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote
These characters will appear in the anime adaptation, but have not yet appeared in the manga.

...Are we looking at another Fullmetal Alchemist situation here? Arakawa's works don't exactly have the greatest track record in these situations....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1