• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love Revolutions

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking her eyes looked like an avocado cut in half
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Well....they weren't off-model much this time like they have been lately. But then there was almost no movement in the entire episode (her piano playing was the animation highlight), so I guess they could afford the time to draw proportionally.

Those lyrics were just awful. Very Happy
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:27 pm Reply with quote
did your revolution count include the one said by Haruka right after Quartet Night sang their song?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Oh, no, I missed that one! Embarassed
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:03 pm Reply with quote
well that's good, I thought I had miscounted. There's no way I was going to watch it again just for a word count
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13
Quote:
This makes it even more disappointing to see the group choreography done in clunky computer graphics, and I hope that doesn't rear its head in the promised fourth season.

Amen to that. I was kind of hoping, though not expecting, that they might put some money into redoing the CG parts for the finale, but sadly no.

The performer intros would have been right at home in Shounen Hollywood. And I got a kick out of how they all had to touch Haruka like a lucky cat before hitting the stage. Smile

But there's no suspense for a 4th season as far as the twist goes. spoiler[Heavens can't win because Haruka didn't write their song.] Unless she did! Dun-dun-DUN!!!
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Calling it now, next season's gonna be "Maji Love Re-Evolution"

I too was disappointed by the CGI dancing not getting replaced, especially since both Quartet Night and Heavens got nice dance routines with no CGI, but I liked the final twist. 20 bucks says next season Haruka will be writing a song for Heavens too.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:11 pm Reply with quote
How is the series of Uta no Prince-sama a romance again???
DarkRoseFairy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

But there's no suspense for a 4th season as far as the twist goes. spoiler[Heavens can't win because Haruka didn't write their song.] Unless she did! Dun-dun-DUN!!!

CrowLia wrote:
20 bucks says next season Haruka will be writing a song for Heavens too.

spoiler[I thought the song they sing was written by her; in season two competition, Shining had both groups sing songs written by the same composer.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:01 am Reply with quote
But wasn't this a new song? (I don't keep that close track) The lyrics at least sounded made for this competition, iirc.
DarkRoseFairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:05 am Reply with quote
I just listen to both, it the same song but with the lyrics change a little.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:15 am Reply with quote
I stand corrected then. Haruka's this series' Barry Manilow I guess. Smile
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:27 am Reply with quote
I'd completely forgotten about Haruka writing the original Heavens song lol. Still, betting she'll write a new one for S4. And an individual song for each of the seven members.
jedijenchan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:32 am Reply with quote
For all it's flaws, I cannot deny that Uta no Prince sama hasn't been entertaining. I'll admit, I didn't see the cliffhanger coming, but It's one hell of a cliffhanger, isn't it.

I think I want to coin this 3rd season as "Nanami saves their asses", because if it wasn't for her, most of the cross until stuff would have never come together.

Objectively speaking, I think that I am in the minority in feeling that this season was trying to focus on character development and story, but kind of fell short.

Don't get me wrong, it was very entertaining, and that's the entire reason I watch this show. It is a fun ride, because of it's moments of absurdity.

But see, what I really want to see is the real pressure or stardom start to set in. While these guys seem to be enjoying the ride, they don't seem to be at all stressed by their new found fame.

Now, I know I may be in the minority here, but I really was to see them take this seriously (one of my friends suggested they explore addictions, where as they wanted to place bets on which members or which group would be most likely to get hooked on drugs/alcohol due to pressure), and explore how being an idol group isn't all fun and music. But then again, I get the target audience of this anime, and I know it's not going to go there.

The highly positive thing I will say is that the music offerings from the various seiyuu in this show are fantastic. It's what is keeping me watching. The music is so catchy and upbeat, that I can't stop listening.

And I'm sure that there will be even more music (including the group name repeated several times, just in case you forgot), considering the all star seiyuu cast they have signed on for HEAVENS.

No doubt I will watch the 4th season. I'm just a fan of this show.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:53 am Reply with quote
oh dear, I counted 25 revolutions, 13 in normal dialogue and 12 in the STARISH song. Going by your count Rebecca, what was your total count for this season?

I'll likely watch the 4th season, it's got some weird hold on me and I get free. I just hope we have a least a couple seasons of space because I'm not sure i can handle another one so soon
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2