• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:33 pm Reply with quote
If Toei will put behind this series as much as they do for One Piece, at least animation-wise, it could be an impressive show.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh..well that's just very nice for them....

....AAAAAAAAAAAAH MY GOD I'M GONNA LOSE MY SHIT!!!

penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Also, I think it is safe to say he doesn't have to worry about overwork from DBS given his character...

He'll be lucky to even get a cameo, given that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Strike105

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how many cours this is gonna be? It may be because it was an adaptation, but the animated Dragon Ball, to me, always felt like it worked as a slow series with a lot of build up to certain events, and to allow time for story to develop. Granted, the story itself wasn't particularly complex or deep or anything, and it was adapted from a still-running manga, which forced a lot of filler, but it was still better than what any of the movies offered, which is part of why I don't care for the movies much,

I seriously doubt the series will be one cour, because when it comes to DB, that just doesn't seem like enough time for anything major. Two cours seems about right for about a single story arc, but again, that still just seems too short for a DB series. Maybe I'm just a little too used to how the current DB shows do things, but I think a DB series would need at least 3-4 cours, which I honestly don't think I've seen since Gundam AGE in 2011-12, but then again, I don't really keep track of most anime aside from a select few action and mecha series. We'll definitely find out as it gets closer to airing, but still.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:42 pm Reply with quote
So let me guess... a bi-weekly ONA with scraps for animation and it'll probably be delayed three times before it actually airs?
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
If Toei will put behind this series as much as they do for One Piece, at least animation-wise, it could be an impressive show.

One Piece has been animated horribly lately. They need to put in a lot more effort for this.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Two new movies that seem to have done well commercially had to make the prospect of a new series pretty enticing.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, it's been like 12 hours since the article was posted and we already have 7 pages worth of comments. DBZ is still going strong I see.
bigivel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:37 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
So let me guess... a bi-weekly ONA with scraps for animation and it'll probably be delayed three times before it actually airs?

It was already announced that it will be a TV series in Fuji TV in the current Dragon Ball Kai timeslot and that it will come in July.

Being a TV anime, with an already established date, delays is something that rarely happen!
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Is three months enough time for FUNimation to get F out to the people? Or even a camrip form Japan? I'm guessing the producers aren't worried about foreigners getting lost, and we'll get Super later.
wolf4537

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:42 pm Reply with quote
AWESOME!!!! I can't wait for this. And having not watched DB: GT, I'm glad to actually see a canon based series come out of this. Very Happy
lucio542

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:55 pm Reply with quote
OMG Shocked
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking this might be a 2-cour story arc that has the possibility of being continued if it's successful enough.
mabber36

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I just had to log on and let everyone know how horrible this idea is

please, just leave my childhood memories alone.
bs3311

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:05 pm Reply with quote
............This is mind-blowing because? Laughing

I dunno how they can stretch this out more. Oh well, lets hope my sister is hungry for more DBZ. Anime hyper

_Cyphon_ wrote:
it's been like 12 hours since the article was posted and we already have 7 pages worth of comments. DBZ is still going strong I see.

I think its declined actually, was assuming for this to hit 10 pages at least lol. Maybe I'll go ask my friends about this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9