• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hestia Dōjinshi Takes Over 1 Month After DanMachi's TV Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jl07045

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:02 am Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
What's so good about this character?

Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:25 am Reply with quote
Boy, Hestia's popularity just took off... Along with her clothes Cool
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:15 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Kancolle vs Hestia and that string

Who will win Comiket?

All aboard the new gravy train. Forget Destroyers, Aircraft Carriers and Battleships, blue ribbons are man's new best friend! Very Happy

Seriously I wonder how long this Hestia hysteria is actually going to last though?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:32 am Reply with quote
Chaos Wings wrote:
Seriously I wonder how long this Hestia hysteria is actually going to last though?

As long as Hestia keeps finding new ways to utilize her blue string to its potential. Wink
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:45 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

Lol.
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:28 am Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
What's so good about this character?

Could be a number of reasons. Here is a few possible reasons.
1. Twintails
2. Large breast
3. The character is cute and moe
4. The string
5. Hestia personality and actions in the anime, light novel, manga
I could list a few more reasons but those are probably the main reasons.
Key

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:12 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Kancolle and Idolm@ster will crush Danmachi at Comiket.

Obviously, but those franchise have been around for much longer. DanMachi's popularity is notable because Hestia hit big very quickly after the anime started. Sure the LN have been around longer, but it's the wider exposure an anime brings that prompts most fanart.

A lot of these doujinshi are available for purchase from digital stores, so one does not need to go to the conventions to get your hands on them.

I would also add to this that Kancolle and Idolm@ster both had a lot of doujinshi before their anime series ever aired, based entirely on their games. I don't think I saw any for Danmachi prior to the first episode airing last month.

Hestia and Danmachi definitely aren't on the same level as those two or even Love Live! (yet), but she has exploded onto the doujinshi scene with a quickness and intensity that I can't recall seeing before. (Even Asuna from SAO didn't catch on quite so fast and hard.)

And I think we're seeing just the tip of the iceberg here. Hestia is the attention-catcher, but there are several other characters that either are or will be in the anime's cast that have oodles of doujin potential, too. No, this one's not going to be just a flash-in-the-pan thing.

I will be attending one of the country's largest 'cons next weekend (Anime Central in Chicago, which I think may have surpassed Otakon for the #2 spot in the States last year in terms of attendance), so I will be curious indeed to see how prominent it is there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:35 am Reply with quote
@Broly The Saiyan

Indeed, fair play to Hestia she is a very likeable character and as you suggest there are numerous other reasons to like her.

Also there's the fact that Hestia goes against type as well, I mean she's a loli who's well endowed and isn't tsundere. I never knew such a thing could exist! Wink
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:48 am Reply with quote
Chaos Wings wrote:
@Broly The Saiyan

Indeed, fair play to Hestia she is a very likeable character and as you suggest there are numerous other reasons to like her.

Also there's the fact that Hestia goes against type as well, I mean she's a loli who's well endowed and isn't tsundere. I never knew such a thing could exist! Wink

Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean about "goes against type."
Do you mean she is different from your normal loli and tsundere? Also I would not call here a loli, she is the normal height of a average adult woman.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:55 pm Reply with quote
@Broly The Saiyan

What I mean is in most shows I've seen loli characters are almost always stick thin and have a tsundere personality. However Hestia is neither of those things, therefore she goes against the norm/stereotype.

As for her being "the normal height of an average adult woman" and not a loli, have you watched the show? She's the second shortest main cast member only being taller than Liliruca, her nickname is the 'Loli Boob Goddess'. Hestias stature really is tiny especially compared to other characters.

Just go to the official anime website and you'll see what I mean. http://danmachi.com/
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Chaos Wings wrote:
@Broly The Saiyan

What I mean is in most shows I've seen loli characters are almost always stick thin and have a tsundere personality. However Hestia is neither of those things, therefore she goes against the norm/stereotype.

As for her being "the normal height of an average adult woman" and not a loli, have you watched the show? She's the second shortest main cast member only being taller than Liliruca, her nickname is the 'Loli Boob Goddess'. Hestias stature really is tiny especially compared to other characters.

Just go to the official anime website and you'll see what I mean. http://danmachi.com/

Oh my bad, I thought she was above 5 feet.
_Faust

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Huge stacks filled booths

Ahhahaha. I see what you did there.
TheFullmetalOne

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

I see what you did there, AND I LOVE IT! Cool
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Hestia is very likable character, in the end, what did it for me was her voice and perky/cheerful attitude. A huge effort and performance by the seiyuu, Minase Inori
Became fan of her after finding out her personality is very close to Hestia's, and equally funny and unpredictable as Ayaneru.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:56 pm Reply with quote
So is this "takes over one month to appear after TV premiere," or "dominates the scene one month after TV premiere"?

Key wrote:
Hestia and Danmachi definitely aren't on the same level as those two or even Love Live! (yet), but she has exploded onto the doujinshi scene with a quickness and intensity that I can't recall seeing before. (Even Asuna from SAO didn't catch on quite so fast and hard.)
Isuzu from Amagi Brilliant Park also seemed to catch on pretty quick, though not quite at Hestia-level either. Though I would agree that Touhou and KanColle have a lot more staying power thanks to their gigantic casts.

Key wrote:
I will be attending one of the country's largest 'cons next weekend (Anime Central in Chicago, which I think may have surpassed Otakon for the #2 spot in the States last year in terms of attendance), so I will be curious indeed to see how prominent it is there.
I wish I were going back there again this year. I might be, if the girl who organized a group and offered me a spot in her room when somebody cancelled hadn't up and died last summer...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2