• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rage of Bahamut: Genesis Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRNielson

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:38 am Reply with quote
If Amira doesn't somehow come back to life, I'm probably gonna pass it up.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:42 am Reply with quote
Great news. Kinda expected it but still nonetheless great to hear. I hope Cygames adapts more TV series later this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:56 am Reply with quote
I felt this show was a bit overrated by most people. Animation was top-notch but the story felt really Disney-like and predictable. Still glad to see this rumor came true
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:21 am Reply with quote
AWWW YEEAAHHHH. Great news to wake up to! I was honestly OK with no second season, but I'm still so glad there will be. This was one of my AOTY last year. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go headbang to the S1 opening theme song.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:22 am Reply with quote
The writers'll have a hard time justifying its existence after season 1's complete ending, but they have lots of fun characters to work with. Hope they come up with something good!
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:00 am Reply with quote
TRNielson wrote:
If Amira doesn't somehow come back to life, I'm probably gonna pass it up.

She can't come back to life since she's not actually dead. If she was dead, Favaro's curse would have dispelled. He still has the tail, so she's alive somewhere.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:13 am Reply with quote
Sweet anther season now only if Funi can release the first season before the second season comes out
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:58 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Oh, Hell yeah! Man, I hope it's a direct sequel about finding and bringing Amira back. Those two deserve a happy ending. Also, more Rita is always a plus. Maybe have Cereberus actually do something this season?

All this and more. Cerberus really just disappeared from the show, didn't she? Not to forget Jeanne didn't have much closure either. Or story or...

Was there a Joan of Arc like character in this series or am I thinking of something else?

Anyway, a great original series with an incomplete ending could make for a great sequel. And if it's just more eye candy, that's good too.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:52 pm Reply with quote
At least when things like Saekano are getting quick sequels shows like this that I can actually enjoy and are just good old fashioned fun filled fantasy are as well. Makes it all kind of even out. Curious to see what Satou will do with this one, assuming it's him and not some other director in which case I can't imagine it having the same kind of strengths. Really I credit his approach with why the first season stood out more than it probably should have, he's just really consistent when it comes to directing action adventure stories with enjoyable characters that play well off one another. I'd liken him to sort of a Jon Turteltaub or Richard Donner
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
WHOO HOO!!! YESSS!!! This is good news. More delicious animation from this studio. Hopefully. But I wonder if this will be a continuation or an all new chapter. I'm sooooo there.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Fabulous news, this has got to be one of the most creative card game adaptations in recent memory. My only concern is that there's a chance MAPPA won't be involved now that Cygames opened its own anime division
Schierke

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I really loved this series but i definitely wasn't expecting a second season to come out of it! I'm really looking forward to it Very Happy
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Animegomaniac"]
DmonHiro wrote:
Was there a Joan of Arc like character in this series or am I thinking of something else?

Yes, there was. But instead of her getting burnt, they turned her into a daemon and then had her turn back after getting cured.

But who cares about her? IT'S ALL ABOUT FAVARO! FAVAROOOOOO!!!!!!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I'll love me some more Favaro. Dude is like a fantasy setting Lupin III.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Hmm.... a sequel to a series I really enjoyed.... HELLLLL YEEAAHHHHH!!!!! Someone give me a shout when the first episode airs and I'll be there with the popcorn.

Just shout FAVAROOOOO!!!!! and I'll know what you mean. Smile

Agent355 wrote:
The writers'll have a hard time justifying its existence after season 1's complete ending, but they have lots of fun characters to work with.

Yep, still plenty of Demons/Devils kicking about to cause all kinds of mischief! Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3