• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digimon Adventure tri. Anime's Website Source Lists 02's Daisuke/Davis

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:30 pm Reply with quote
icomeanon4 wrote:
Maybe it's just search engine optimization?

I'm pretty sure that's all "keyword meta tags" are? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about that. But as far as I can tell, this doesn't really tell us anything about whether 02 stuff is in or out. (Although going by what we've seen thus far, even if it isn't out entirely, it's really going to be focusing on the season 1 kids.)
Zuwaiss

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping that Zero Two is still canon, even if it isn't the best written, it still is part of canon, no matter what people obsessed with shipping say. (And for god's sake, even if the pairings could have been a little odd at points, the writer of the show is the one decides this stuff, not a rabble of fans hung up on something the dub added...)
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:44 am Reply with quote
man. what a dissapointment. from an anime to a 6 part movie series.

and iguess i was under the impression that the 2nd team of digidestined wouldnt be involved since this setting takes place in high schoool. What shame.. >.< all the hype for a digimon remake is gone.
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:46 am Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:
Takari007 wrote:
I hate the epilogue of 02 and Daisuke will only get in Takeru and Hikari's relationship again... well I hope he end up in another school
Your ship! It was sunk a long time ago! Don't get yourself killed, just let it go, it's too late.

how was it sunk?o.O she ended up with no one? its a win win.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:48 am Reply with quote
Aw dammit, we couldn't just let 02 die off in our minds huh? I wasn't going to say anything if this series didn't but since that's not the case....

Well, maybe it'll only be a brief cameo or really minor role. I doubt he's going to actually be a main player this time. Unfortunately that still leaves that epilouge which only had the saving grace of not a having any more "adventure" seasons to ruin tension and moving the franchise on to tamers. We'll see what happens but this'll be one part I'm not looking forward to.
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:04 am Reply with quote
just give me a sora/ tai ending >.>
Doomroar

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:12 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Well DUH, this takes place after 02 and Daisuke didn't die in between. Makes sense he'd be involved. Hey, give us a plot twist: he's the bad guy. Yeah, he couldn't take TK stealing Hikari from him and uses the power of a left over Dark Ring to open the gate to the Dark Sea. There, he makes a deal with Deemon and Dagomon, and together, they will take over the world.

Sounds better than the current plot of emo dark girl appearing out of nowhere with a new Digimon that just happens to evolve into Alphamon as main antagonist with stupid reasons, i swear if Myotismon is again behind all this...
Zuwaiss

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:34 am Reply with quote
Doomroar wrote:

Sounds better than the current plot of emo dark girl appearing out of nowhere with a new Digimon that just happens to evolve into Alphamon as main antagonist with stupid reasons, i swear if Myotismon is again behind all this...

What do you mean, "Myotismon getting a new evolution past Malomyotismon is not a valid plot"?!
In all seriousness, I swear to eat my shoes if Myotismon or some evolution of him is behind Tri's plot...
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:24 am Reply with quote
Toei seems to like to fan the flame with this movie series, don't they?
kpk

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:18 am Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
Oh, my God....I was hoping never to hear nor see Davis' name anywhere near Digimon Adventure tri.. In my opinion, he was the worst leader in the history of Digimon. He was bossy, overly confident, hated TK, always jonesing for Kari, seemingly trying to get between the two, name began with a "D".... The list goes on. TK should've been the true leader. Tai should've past down the goggle to him instead.

YES YES YES!!!

Everything she/he just said!
Wildcat17

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:37 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who loves 02?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
I didn't like Davis as much as Tai. He came across as obnoxious a lot of the time, and the "He likes Kari but she likes T.K instead" gag got sort of boring.
antasad

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:45 am Reply with quote
lol why all the hate for Daisuke?

Even though I do dislike 02 with its flaws, I don't think it should be disappeared from existence. I hope tri. will just continue in the gap between 02 and its ending. A little retcon is okay.

It's all up to the director, actually. A good director can use the 'annoying trait' of a character to make that character becomes interesting. It's up to the director to make the composition work with the story and other characters.

I think it'd be funny to see Daisuke's stupidities again in leading his own group of side characters. Something as a support for Taichi's group, or just for a show relief.
jamaljenkins

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:49 pm Reply with quote
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't like TK or Takeru? Davis/Daisuke was actually my favorite character lol. I hope Daisuke has a large role, even though a lot of you seem to hate him because of your shipping of fictional characters
jamaljenkins

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Wildcat17 wrote:
Am I the only one who loves 02?

Nah I loved 02
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3