• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V's English Opening Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flackenstien

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:38 am Reply with quote
Really disrespectful to the theme of the series, aswell as the views of the main character.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:12 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
The English OP sounds HORRIBLE.

jr0904 wrote:
guess just like with the new pokemon series, this series is unfortunately will only be another kids series that will be in the hands of the fansubbers.

TPCI's dub of the Pokemon XY series is (for the most part) faithful to the Japanese script, minus a few rewrites here and there.

doesnt look that way to me. though i can get the names of the characters and the pokemon cause they want to be a faithful towards the game as possible, but as for the original script, the dub or the movies except for the lucario movie have never been faithful towards the japanesse scripts. and believe me i know cause i have purchased some imported DVDs that have enlgish subs for the enlgish speaking auidences in the eastern markets cause i have no intention of watching any fansubs of that series. let's face it. alongs as PUSA is in control of the US dubbing of the series none of the series will ever be faithful towards the original scripts.

flackenstien wrote:
Really disrespectful to the theme of the series, aswell as the views of the main character.

which is why no one really gives a damn about this series unless your from two factions. 1: kids from the 7-13 boys category or 2: like with the PM franchise, hardcore creepy otakus that download hentai fanart doujins of the two series which have been rampant for PM's case thanks to Gambler Club.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TooLazyToComeUpWithaName

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:50 pm Reply with quote
[quote="jr0904"]

jr0904 wrote:

flackenstien wrote:

which is why no one really gives a damn about this series unless your from two factions. 1: kids from the 7-13 boys category or 2: like with the PM franchise, hardcore creepy otakus that download hentai fanart doujins of the two series which have been rampant for PM's case thanks to Gambler Club.

Yugioh fans are definitely only kids or hentai enthusiasts. In all seriousness, fans of the show don't just fall under those those two categories. I'm a chick who's older than the target age and I enjoy the original Japanese series.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:20 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:

I was watching the second half of Digimon Fusion on NickToons and it looked like they kept making the introductions for the characters. I started thinking to myself: "Does America really believe that their children are stupid enough to forgot the names of their favorite characters after one week?"

Xros used subtitle introductions as well, even repeatedly if I remember correctly. The dub definitely does it a lot more, more then the first half even.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:29 am Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:

I was watching the second half of Digimon Fusion on NickToons and it looked like they kept making the introductions for the characters. I started thinking to myself: "Does America really believe that their children are stupid enough to forgot the names of their favorite characters after one week?"

It just struck me as odd is all.

Anime does that too, especially with long series, because it saves animators some more minutes each weekly episode where they don't have to labor on new animation.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:13 am Reply with quote
[quote="TooLazyToComeUpWithaName"]
jr0904 wrote:

jr0904 wrote:

flackenstien wrote:

I'm a chick who's older than the target age and I enjoy the original Japanese series.

that's what i mean people enjoyed the original japaneese versions. but everyone will avoid the dub version of that series as well as GX & 5D's cause it was done by the horror that is 4kids. and ZEXAL is unfortunately done by 4kmedia which every american otaku knows is 4kids way of renaming their company after it went under. the same way ADV Films went under and got restructured and renamed as Section 23 Films / Sentai Filmworks. so if 4kmedia is thinking their fooling any US otaku, their sadly mistaken. and unfortunately it seems they will have their mits on arc-v as well. its as i said, this new series will unfortunately be into the realm of the fansubbers just like with the new pokemon series.

TooLazyToComeUpWithaName wrote:

Yugioh fans are definitely only kids or hentai enthusiasts. In all seriousness, fans of the show don't just fall under those those two categories.

I'm afraid it is the case. the same with the PM franchise. while its true that fanart doujins of YGO have been laxed after 5D's ,its the only way to get an otaku interested. the same with PM which is still rampant when it comes to popularity of fanart doujins. even back in its fan days fakku was the main monotery when it came to getting PM and YGO doujins translated into english and they had a crapload of them back in those days. most of the doujins, mainly PM doujins were from the hentai art group Gambler Club.

other than that , most would be diehard fans or in the kid range since that is their main demograph that would have any interest in those series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2