• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cream Lemon

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm currently working on Cream Lemon and was thinking a 16 part OAV series with releases every month really only warranted one entry instead of 16 separate ones.

However, we had a one separate entry. Can this be merged into the new OAV?:

Part 4 POP CHASER
anime#7083

merged into here:
anime#17074
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mrsatan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's probably easier to have them all under one entry.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:12 pm Reply with quote
For a show where each episode/segment has a different story, characters, cast, staff... usually it's better to have a separate entry per episode. If you look at the Cream Lemon credits it's kind of a mess; every single credit needs to have an episode precision, and the characters for entirely different storylines are all mixed together in the cast list. It's the reason why each Animatrix segment has its own entry for example.

That being said, it looks like not all episodes are independant. It seems 1+5+13 go together and same thing goes for 2+6+16. No idea what to make of that... :-/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:26 am Reply with quote
The release list is why I ultimately decided against having different entries: animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=17074&page=28

Outside the VHS tapes, the episodes were released sequentially and together. It seemed redundant. Cases like this seem pretty rare though but another example would be the Animator Expo ONA. Every short episode is stand-alone and they're well over 30 now.

I don't think the the cast list for the Cream Lemon OVA is particularly messy since the first and secondary casts are pretty small.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1