• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! Episodes 1-12 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:04 pm Reply with quote
gridsleep wrote:
Sherris wrote:
championferret wrote:

'with the rise in popularity of bishonen shows aimed at fujoshi,'
I fail to see how, and you've neglected to elabroate on this.

Then I suggest you ask google what 'fujoshi' means instead of my humble person since I'm not as omniscient. Equating 'a female anime fan who likes cute boys' with a 'fujoshi' is the sort of fallacy that makes me facepalm every time I see it.

How about "female anime fan who likes to imagine straight cute boys getting romantic with each other no matter how unlikely that is to happen"? Because that is what it means, and the universe does not care if you facepalm until doomsday. That is the definition.

I am sorry, but I look at this anime, and I try, I really do, but all I end up thinking is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqBFNBbh7r0

In other words you equate a fujoshi with a girl who likes bishounen. That's what you wrote. Back to square one.

CrowLia wrote:
This may sound crazy to you, but maybe there are a bunch of heterosexual female fans who obsess over this or that hot anime guy and at the same time want to see them kissing other hot anime guys. What a world we live in.

The thing is, neither I nor you know the exact proportions of fangirls who are only into homoshipping, fangirls who are only interested in obsessing over a single character and those that do both. Bundling all those girls into a convenient 'fujoshi' label is a mistake as it both spreads ignorance (people beginning to call all female fans 'fujoshi') and creates a warped perception of the primary consumers of a given series.

scarletrhodelia wrote:
This is a really good review. It treats the subject fairly and with respect, and highlights points that I hadn’t seen, such as parallels to Princess Tutu. Then we have someone who nit picks all the life out of it, misrepresents what was stated, is wrong on every point, posts offensive and irrelevant pictures, and when answered, refuses to recognize when enough is enough. I wish the forum had the capability to allow blocking.

If you want to act all self-entitled you are by all means invited to create your own forum where you could ban or block whomever is not to your liking.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
How about "female anime fan who likes to imagine straight cute boys getting romantic with each other no matter how unlikely that is to happen"?

Quote:
In other words you equate a fujoshi with a girl who likes bishounen. That's what you wrote. Back to square one.

In other words you're willfully misreading something to make a non-existant point about people equating "fujoshi" to "female anime fan" which absolutely nobody is doing. Back to square one.

Quote:
The thing is, neither I nor you know the exact proportions of fangirls who are only into homoshipping, fangirls who are only interested in obsessing over a single character and those that do both. Bundling all those girls into a convenient 'fujoshi' label is a mistake as it both spreads ignorance (people beginning to call all female fans 'fujoshi') and creates a warped perception of the primary consumers of a given series.

Nobody is bundling anything into anything. Sure we can't know how many of the female fans for this or many other "fujoshi shows" are actually fujoshi, just like you can't know how many fans of "shonen anime" are actually shonen (young male), but you can't ignore that fujoshi shows are full of fujoshi pandering (gay subtext), just like you can't pretend shonen anime isn't full of stuff pandering to male audiences (fanservice). You have no point, you're just picking at non-existant straws just because you have a personal grudge against a particular demographic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3