• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bikini Warriors Fantasy Figure Series Gets TV Anime Project in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chipp12

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:37 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Hunter (designed by Shining Hearts character designer Tony).

That's Valkyrie though.
I wonder if the anime for Nanatsu no Taizai (another series of figures) was actually cancelled after all... those delicious Niθ designs...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:03 am Reply with quote
Heheh, don't really mind whether people watch or not. Just realize that they're doing what Hollywood's been doing. Including the Monster High figures - how many of ya guys rolled your eyes on that one too? And how can we forget Girls Gone Wild? We're no different. Laughing

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Shirohae wrote:

This is WHY Anime is getting hated on!!! WHY -_-

Anime's always been hated on for dozens of reason, just accept it. No amount of wholesomeness now will ever undo La Blue Girl's and Urotsukidoji's impressions on people, and that was two decades ago.

Used to be edgy sex 'n violence, now it's teenagers 'n panties Laughing

Hameyadea wrote:

It would seem that this anime will feature scantily-clad women, rife with clichéd descriptions, and they have extraordinary powers & abilities, and that causes a lot of users to make quite the colorful responses; but who knows, maybe they'll go meta and it will be a critic about ecchi shows, like Princess Robot Bubblegum. [NSFW] Laughing Embarassed

Ya mean this one: https://youtu.be/t1DX7J6DujE?t=195

As the wise Master Yogurt would teach us: merchandising, merchandising, merchandising! Laughing

Polycell wrote:

This was definitely a thing seen in many societies: warriors tended not to be heavily armored and went into battled dressed to impress(hence things like warpaint). A lot of complaints about practical armor seem to base their ideas on the armor worn by heavy infantry(or even heavy cavalry), a concept missing from even great empires and distinctly at odds with the roles played by the criticized characters, which tend to be at the light infantry/skirmisher level. It's not realistic, but it's more so than the "realistic" armor often called for as its replacement.

BTW, ya guys know there's a medieval sport on MMA and ESPN? Doesn't stop the Medieval Combat World Championships! Laughing

stonehand

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:11 am Reply with quote
Granted, alot of ecchi shows flop. However, in merchandising terms, big boobs are almost the cosmic karma for good sales. After all, most otaku are male, aged 16=25. Of course, boobs will sell. The bigger they are, and the more they show.....

Rivailloli wrote:
Well, let's see how this will go. I'll watch it for the laughable titty physics as always.

stonehand wrote:
Why? Boob sell. Big boobs sell better. Never underestimate the power of overt sexism to sell figures and other goodies to otakus.

Big boobs don't always sell, plenty of ecchi shows flop. I won't be surprised at all if this flops, especially since it's airing with stuff like toLoveru which already has a large disc buying fanbase.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:19 am Reply with quote
@Kadmos1 Thank you as i didn´t know of the sequel to Princess Robot Bubble Gum in Gta V (current gen only i see) despite me putting 50 hours into the original game.
They nailed shitty voice acting / the "postmodern otaku" and let´s see how part 3 will look like but i will note that it is better animated than most tv anime which very bad. The problem with anime isn´t the medium. It´s the fanbase. (Gta V´s Gordon Moorehead Rides Again is pretty good too.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:34 am Reply with quote
what the (bleep) really yea we had long list of anime of those from

queen's blade
freezing
DxD
& even sekai female wresting anime as well.

either way yea not surprise wait for cast list wonder if Funi or Sentai ready to jump in to get it.
thebluehammer

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for Hobby Japans 7 Deadly Sins animation that was announced in 2012... hopefully this one actually happens
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Chipp12 wrote:
I wonder if the anime for Nanatsu no Taizai (another series of figures) was actually cancelled after all... those delicious Niθ designs...

thebluehammer wrote:
I'm still waiting for Hobby Japans 7 Deadly Sins animation that was announced in 2012... hopefully this one actually happens

I am pretty sure they ditched said project because they would open themselves to a lawsuit since they are using the same name of a now famous shounen anime, They probably are using the budget from said previous project to make Bikini Warriors.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:58 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

There were also those Scottish warriors of old who would step into the battlefield completely naked as an intimidation tactic.

Sure hope that's not where the adage cut off it's head then the body will follow originated from Rolling Eyes
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
In all seriousness, I'd bet it's simply based on how someone who's decapitated won't live for very long afterwards.

residentgrigo wrote:
The problem with anime isn´t the medium. It´s the fanbase. (Gta V´s Gordon Moorehead Rides Again is pretty good too.)

That is a true statement for SO many franchises and companies. Unfortunately, a bad fanbase can ruin the original product if the creators listen too much to their fans (Sonic the Hedgehog comes to mind, for one).
guildmaster

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Yikes!

Gary Gygax is spinning over in his grave so fast he's already blown a head gasket. Rolling Eyes
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:56 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
In all seriousness, I'd bet it's simply based on how someone who's decapitated won't live for very long afterwards.one).

I'm pretty sure that's the case, although any attempt at a joke has been well destroyed by now.

As for naked Scots warriors, always thought that was because of the breacan, or body-length kilt, being too cumbersome in battle.
Gozu Tennai

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:07 am Reply with quote
Love this sort of stuff.

Oda nons is the best I think.
Gozu Tennai

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:11 am Reply with quote
Lol @ the in depth discussions.

If you dont like boobage just go away.
Dont try and ruin it for the people who do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6