• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Offers English-Subtitled Persona 4 the Golden Blu-rays

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:30 pm Reply with quote
LOL It's very ironic how the Blu-rays for the first series were dub-only, these are sub-only. It's actually funny.

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
AbZeroNow wrote:
I guess I'm a little surprised that they didn't acknowledge that we know that Aldnoah.Zero is getting a dub.

Do you have a source for this?

http://www.anime-expo.org/welcoming-voice-actresses-sandy-fox-and-cristina-vee-to-ax-2015/
RommieSG

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:23 pm Reply with quote
$100 for no dub, and only six episodes?

Well Aniplex, you talked yourself out of yet another sale.
HawEater

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:35 am Reply with quote
160 US or almost 200$ Canadian for me for just 1, 12 sub only episode anime......... how do they justify these prices *smh*

I could get 3 series anime at that price offering sub and dub.

This wasn't even on my radar to buy this but seeing this and seeing The Irregular at Magic High School being broken into 3 arcs first one priced at 70US so most likely the other 2 will be the same. My hype level went from high to nope.

And there will still be plenty of people throwing their money at these.
Must be nice having that much extra cash lying around.
methedemon

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:40 am Reply with quote
wow...are they trying to encourage pirating?

they really need to reconsider their pricing
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:50 am Reply with quote
methedemon wrote:

The prices that they charge is and the censored, region-locked streams are perhaps the biggest reasons people pirate.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:55 am Reply with quote
methedemon wrote:

Their pricing is taking pirating into account - namely, that if you're that inclined to do it, you're probably not that inclined to buy it. They only go after those marginal dollar on occasion.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry people, Aniplex knows what it's doing.
Next step : O-card sell for 200 $. Video and audio (only japanese please) downloadable. No english dub obviously, no sub either.
Special Edition only for real, super genuine anime fans. Last copies available, hurry up !!!! Smile Smile Smile
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:12 pm Reply with quote
When I first saw this, I thought the Blu-Ray discs were going to be gold colored.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Are the 6 episode sets the same price as usual or a better deal? I've lost touch with Aniplex pricing over the years.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:30 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Are the 6 episode sets the same price as usual or a better deal? I've lost touch with Aniplex pricing over the years.

These are a little higher than usual due to the inclusion of the booklets and OST CDs.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:36 pm Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

These are a little higher than usual due to the inclusion of the booklets and OST CDs.

Good stuff at least the fans are getting one of the best products their money can buy. The more CDs and booklets the better
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:45 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Good stuff at least the fans are getting one of the best products their money can buy. The more CDs and booklets the better

The only things excluded are the drama/theme song/cast talk CDs and the audio commentaries. I don't know what else the complainers are wanting when AoA brings over nearly everything from the JP sets. The streaming numbers obviously weren't enough for a dub and they'd refuse to pay the price for that too.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:58 pm Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

The only things excluded are the drama/theme song/cast talk CDs and the audio commentaries. I don't know what else the complainers are wanting when AoA brings over nearly everything from the JP sets. The streaming numbers obviously weren't enough for a dub and they'd refuse to pay the price for that too.

I agree. The premium release model is more my speed. When I buy a show I want the best package my money can get me. For everything else, I stream. We have it good in NA as anime patrons wish more folks realized that.
animefanworried

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:38 pm Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

For that price, anything excluded is a slap on the face of the fans. As far as the extra: They're that, extras! I don't want to pay 3 times what the actual show is worth for what amounts to the wrapping it comes in. FUNi and Sentai both make limited editions with worthwhile extras (Most of the time more worthwhile than anything Aniplex ever does) and they still charge significantly less. What the "complainers" want is a fairly priced limited edition release and a fairly priced regular edition along with a dub (On series that warrant it, since Aniplex is known for not dubbing series anyone else would have dubbed). Aniplex is the only one with those prices, yet they're not the only ones with limited editions... Yeah, people complain for no reason Rolling Eyes

I have no problem paying for dubs. When a normal company dubs a show, the price raises 10 - 15$, perfectly reasonable.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:41 pm Reply with quote
This series...
Heck I love Persona so much I bought the two Persona 3 movies Aniplex released, and am eagerly awaiting the third next year, so I will pay what they ask.... when it is remotely worth it.

I was thinking today, if Sentai got and dubbed this, I probably still would not buy it at their sale prices.
I have played Golden on the Vita through 4 times. It really is an excellent addtion and rework of the already excellent original game.

This show was like a cliff notes version of just the new parts of the game. Probably near incomprehensible to anyone who did not know the original Persona 4 story.

The Adachi soul link and resolution was the only part of this series that had any deeper look at things.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4