• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Steins;Gate Game's Western PS3/Vita Trailer Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Actar

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
For those who don't know, the Upa and Badges were actually sold separately before. (^.^;)
monkeysrumble

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Buying this VN when I already have the special edition for PC just feels wrong to me. I wish that they would just translate the fan disk already.
chito895

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, PS3 accepts even japanese games. I wanted to buy one of the steins;gate games for the japanese ps3, and while looking info about it, it said that you can play it in any ps3 of the world, so the region won't block the games.

I hope that game comes soon and in a good price, especially the deluxe edition. That metal upa would totally match with my Mayurii Nendoroid.
DLH112

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Foxaika wrote:
TheMorry wrote:
PS3 games are region free.
can't wait till i can play for the first time this Visual Novel on my PS vita. I loved the anime so much that i was dying for more.

Ah, so it was as I thought. Thanks, was pretty sure, but not 100% as I don't own a PS3 myself.

PS3 itself doesn't determine that its region free, its a game by game basis. though like 99.9% of games are region free. the only one i know that isn't is persona 4 arena... actually that might be the only one.
edit: apparently the only other one is joysound dive, which makes a karaoke machine out of the ps3.
Tempest_Wing

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
What's a badget?
IanC

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I have both PS3 and Vita versions preordered, limited edition for the PS3, standard for Vita. Why? Why not! Laughing
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Been looking forward to this for a while now. Now that I actually own a PS3 (I'm a little late to the party, I know. But at least all the games are cheap!) I can finally check this out. Steins;Gate immediately became one of my favorite anime after binge watching it, but I didn't want to deal with playing the visual novel on a computer, so I'm very glad a PS3/Vita port is being released. I find it extremely odd, however, that it was originally an Xbox exclusive. Like, I'm 99.9% positive that that console completely bombs in Japan. While on the contrary, Playstation is very popular over there. So why didn't they just put it on PS3 like all the other visual novels? I'm not sure how long this port has been in Japan up until this point, but if we're just now getting a PS3 version, I assume the Japanese just got it not too long ago as well.

Anyway, enough with my rambling. I really hope the US release gets that limited edition (or any special release, really), but I feel like it's unlikely. We never get all of the cool bonus incentives like EU/JP it seems.
whitesox123

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:11 pm Reply with quote
FierceMuffin wrote:
Heh, "Rick Digital".

Looking forward to this. Especially the Upa and artbook.

whitesox123 wrote:
Can someone please answer my question? They didn't show any scenes with dialogue in the game so I am not sure if it is going to be in english or not.

It's in English. They're using the same translation as the PC release. And as the previous guy said, it won't have an English dub, if you also wanted to know that. It's just Japanese audio with English text.
Great, thats all I care about subs sounded better imo. Thanks for telling me.
FierceMuffin

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:
I find it extremely odd, however, that it was originally an Xbox exclusive. Like, I'm 99.9% positive that that console completely bombs in Japan. While on the contrary, Playstation is very popular over there. So why didn't they just put it on PS3 like all the other visual novels? I'm not sure how long this port has been in Japan up until this point, but if we're just now getting a PS3 version, I assume the Japanese just got it not too long ago as well.

Microsoft apparently pays VN developers to make their games console-exclusive for a limited time. That's why Chaos;Child was initially released on Xbox One and why six months later it was announced to be coming out for PS3, PS4, and Vita. As such, Japan got their PC and PS3 ports of Steins;Gate a long time ago.

Wish we got it a short time after them though, along with the other Science Adventure titles. If only.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:10 am Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:

I've already got the pc version but id have chosen the vita version over it for its portability.

There are portable PCs / tablets

Jayhosh wrote:

I find it extremely odd, however, that it was originally an Xbox exclusive. Like, I'm 99.9% positive that that console completely bombs in Japan.

At one point, the X360 really tried in Japan - Dead or Alive 4, Eternal Sonata, Dream C Club, Tales of Vesperia, Gal Gun, etc. - all started X360 exclusives. X360 was actually known as a gaming otaku machine in Japan (i.e. titles non-mainstream in Japan) like schmups and yes, VNs. But no matter what they did, the Japanese didn't buy the console anyways. (Out of ~85M X360 sold worldwide, only ~2M was contributed by Japan - that's less than 3%!) So now it seems they gave up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2