• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
House of 1000 Manga - Inuyashiki

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:42 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
So people exist who haven't finished magnum opus. Wow. So his "magum opus" ended about 2 years go, i read chap. 383 on the day of release and phase 3 is a mess overall. An interesting one though and i fully expect Oko to come out with phase 4 after his drug money runs out.
Isn´t he loosing money on Inuyashiki or did i get my math wrong. Numbers are hard. Killing jakuza though... I somehow have a feeling that this tale could work if it was adapted by Americans (who have the money) into a tv mini series too as none would fund an anime based on it.

I could totally see a drama of this working, especially with superhero shows all the rage now. Get a darker premise, aimed towards an older audience, yeah, this could definitely work as an American drama.

I'd take it over Supergirl, that's for sure. Along with Flash and Legends of Tomorrow, it'd be quite the interesting addition to superhero TV, although they would HAVE to censor some of the more violent bits.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:42 pm Reply with quote
And call it something other than Inuyashiki.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Why does this series have to have a depressing ending?

The japanese love their depressing endings.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:27 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
residentgrigo wrote:

Isn´t he loosing money on Inuyashiki or did i get my math wrong. Numbers are hard. Killing jakuza though... I somehow have a feeling that this tale could work if it was adapted by Americans (who have the money) into a tv mini series too as none would fund an anime based on it.

I could totally see a drama of this working, especially with superhero shows all the rage now. Get a darker premise, aimed towards an older audience, yeah, this could definitely work as an American drama.

I'd take it over Supergirl, that's for sure.

One of the few female superheroes on TV, and you'd still take it away! Smile
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:10 am Reply with quote
The Supergirl pilot is ok. It can live but Flash + Daredevil are just the best.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2