• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical Warfare English Dub Cast Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:
@Panzer Vor, Brittney is in the Magical Warfare dub. She's listed next to Futaba Ida.

I only skimmed about half to two-thirds of the list. Can't believe I missed that.

I still think it's nice that Sentai's starting to focus more on cultivating new talent, though. I was focused more on all the unfamiliar names in the cast.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
With the reviews this show got, I'm surprised there are some folks willing to spend money on dubbing. Thing is, that can - at most - alter the tone of the scenes and maybe mess around with the script a bit (if the Japanese rights holders will let them, that is) to try and eliminate some of the problems in those areas. But the overall plot, flat & unimpressive animation and some questionable character interactions are beyond being saved by placing them within a dubbed version.
I think I might have mention this in the announcement thread, but wouldn't it be awesome if they gave it the Ghost Stories treatment? It's highly unlikely (Especially since Steve Foster left the company) but it sure would be cool.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I feel that every Eng. dub VA should get at least 1 lead role during their time as a VA. I say this because I have noticed that there are various VA who will for years only do background roles or bit parts.

Sure, it will take a while for them to get bigger parts, but I think that they should not be stuck with this for their entire VA career. When you have new talent, it's important that they get to truly show their skills and having a leading role is a good way to show that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2