• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Monster Musume (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
So I think I found my favorite character. Mero is pretty funny and I actually want to see her dream come true.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Mm, that was lewd. Miia shedding her skin and Papi laying an egg...

I'm glad to see Darling punching the hell out of that interviewer's face. He's more like a scam artist anyways. BRACE YOURSELVES. Spider girl coming.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I'm glad to see Darling punching the hell out of that interviewer's face.

He did it in an awesome manner too.
Athelia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm really glad I've stuck with this show. I didn't really like the first episode, but I liked the premise enough to continue. Reflecting back on it though, it's just that Miia is probably the most boring monster girl on the show. I like her interactions with the other monster girls, but when it's just her and MC it's not nearly as entertaining for me to watch.

As for this episode specifically, spoiler[I love that Suu can read minds.] I hope that ability is put to good use in further episodes.

Also, I totally cheered when the spoiler["director" got punched. I wanted to punch him myself.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

The really interesting thing about the director is what it is saying about the series itself. Clearly this show has an aim of fetish like moments of these monster girls, but we are also shown that the intrusion of their privacy and of them at their most vulnerable times is crossing a line.

On one hand it says "look at these hot monster girls" on the other it says "these are people, some curiosity is nice but don't intrude beyond what they are comfortable". For that reason I felt that the fact that this show stops from showing things like privates/sensitive areas, works.

Personally I am finding it good for curiosity, taking what can be monstrous or fetish like, and adding some every day aspects. There was a fetish aspect to the first part, but the need to give her a hand to shed was out of concern.

And for the end, it seems we are getting a spider woman, which apparently known as an "Arachne". Arachne was supposedly an ancient Greek woman who was apparently transformed into a spider after insulting Athena by claiming to be a better weaver than her. The focus they put on weaving the thread does directly connect to the myth.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Wow, that was entertaining especially for the first half. Almost thought I was watching the wrong show for a minute because MON apparently debuted and they played the original ED song first rather than the OP. (backwards lol)

Glad to see Rachnera make her appearance as well.

However, what actually impressed me more this episode is MON. What a badass group of fighters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I like Rachnera and MON already. This show just continues to be entertaining. I wasn't expecting Darling to get a boner though, caught me off guard a bit. And he also has leg fetish? Then I guess Rachnera gotta be a big turn-on for him. More legs = more fun, I guess. Damn, now I really wanna see Miia's reaction to Darling's fetish. Laughing
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Yes! Rachnee finally joins the hare-... gang at last.

Seeing MON in action is always welcomed to help split up the "Dar-ling-kun" drama into more sizable chunks, especially with Ms. Bondage's arrival. Is Kimihito in for it now...

Rachnera is my joint second favourite character with Centorea, so i'm looking forward to the next few episodes where the girls can run riot again.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Best girl has finally showed up.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

I liked the swapping of the OP and ED, it worked well with the plot by having MON as the opening or main plot, with a place for the monster girls being the house.

Although I kind of thought the wait for reveal of MON went on a bit too long, we have been seeing these girls for a while now in the ED, so I felt like it was not a surprise for what they were. Except for I guess the Doppelganger, if that is her real form I wonder if it is monstrous enough. Maybe I am weird, but I was getting a strangely Hellsing like tone with Smith talking to the authorities, so that the first agent being undead and getting back up after being shot, was humorous to me.

Rachnera kind of appeared too much at first like probably not the nicest, and the audience is supposed to like her because she is kinky. But the story that she had felt betrayed by people being put off because she appears so monstrous, did kind of save it. That he was not frightened of her at all, makes me like what dynamics, well it appeared more of the fact the little clothing if anything that he was screaming. Honestly I really could just watch a plot of someone like that dealing with preconceived notions of her appearance and nature.

Out of MON, I think I like the ogre girl. Although with the "mono eye", she reminds me of a great visual novel I watched of someone playing that was about a similar girl, it was very touching.

I do recognise a lot of the monster girl types that are common doujin manga, and even some of what the orcs talked about too Embarassed
After those Orcs I want to see some nice monster boys. What monster boys to ladies like? Do I have to look it up myself? Please do not make me look it up myself. Do ladies even like monster boys?
lesterf1020
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:00 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

After those Orcs I want to see some nice monster boys. What monster boys to ladies like? Do I have to look it up myself? Please do not make me look it up myself. Do ladies even like monster boys?

From what I can tell women like catboys, dogboys, wolfmen, vampires, demons, werewolves and angels.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I had to laugh at the orc's demands. They didn't need to take hostages for that: tons of orc based works already exist.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Vampires and werewolves seem to be the most common monster boys. Vampires seem to appear a ton in anime, but they tend to have pretty much zero uniqueness to them. They're basically humans with magic powers. Werewolf characters are usually pretty cool but they seem a lot more rare.

As for catboys/dogboys, I've rarely seen them done well. They usually look kind of freakish imo. Inuyasha might be one of the few exceptions, and we can see why he's been so popular.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
^
With his long white hair and slender frame he already looks like a girl anyway, so that probably explains his appeal.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Cerea and her delusions. I also found Mero's to be amusing too.

Rachnea's dialogues with Cerea were actually somewhat interesting from her perspective. Suu also got a good amount of screen time with the MC. Heh, poor Smith though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10