• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GATE (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Sugawara: Livin' the dream.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:26 pm Reply with quote
xifeng.hu wrote:
It looks like things are going to get interesting now. spoiler[The Empire and Japan are going to be at war it seems since the Cleaners are attacking Japanese territory.]

Actually, as of the final frame of this episode they aren't. Everything takes place on the non-green side of the border.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Regardless, Japan is now harbouring a fugitive which is enough of an excuse for the Empire to declare war.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Weird question is that Tyuule is the one behind creating the hunts, but also creating this war is exactly what she wants.

Can't say I am a fan of the just ignore the horrible things the other country is doing to their people. I would hope that having a large amount of diplomats and such along with allied to someone who might have claim to government would be the way to go about pushing out a regime that treats its people unjustly. If you just let a country stew, you are not allowing some real good to happen.

I worry that the end could be seen as somewhat romantic, but I am going to try and say it was him trying to protect a now orphaned girl.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:57 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I worry that the end could be seen as somewhat romantic, but I am going to try and say it was him trying to protect a now orphaned girl.

I think he made it pretty clear to anyone within hearing that the relationship would only result in marriage when she reached majority, not as a child bride. Nobody but the bad guys expected him to not care for her at all and even a feet-off-the-ground hug is not out of bounds.

And of course over four years many things can happen and engagements can be broken.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

Nice set up episode. Too bad about Pina, I mean she shouldn't of been arrested like that but with Zorzal in command of the army and being manipulated, I guess it was bound to happen.

It's good to see Itami and his crew taking action too although I hope they get involved in the upcoming battle too. They could make a big difference.

Wish they showed more of the fight though. Speaking of fighting, the Japanese military is mobilizing so expecting war to break out next episode. Exciting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:31 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Nice set up episode. Too bad about Pina, I mean she shouldn't of been arrested like that but with Zorzal in command of the army and being manipulated, I guess it was bound to happen.

More than that it appears from the preview that he is going to dress her up as a slave, this probably a type of revenge manipulated by Tyuule against the Empire, but also one huge mistake on Zorzal's part. Pina has allies, if it got out that she was arrested and what he might do, things might get nasty.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 10:

Assassination attempts on Lelei at a place like that? Damn...

I hate the way Pina is being treated though, very cruel. I just feel bad for her after somehow getting involved in this because of that warrior bunny and Zorzal.

At least Lelei survived that attack by wearing armor. That could of been much worse. Definitely a thrilling episode. I think this one also sets up for the two remainder episodes of the season. Exciting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit I'm a bit impressed by Tyuule. She's managed to accomplish an awful lot from the position she is/was in.

And come a long way. Everyone was outraged on her behalf when she was introduced. Nobody is talking that way about her anymore
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:16 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
I have to admit I'm a bit impressed by Tyuule. She's managed to accomplish an awful lot from the position she is/was in.

And come a long way. Everyone was outraged on her behalf when she was introduced. Nobody is talking that way about her anymore
It is awful what happened to her, and it is awful that she would put that onto someone else. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, but those selfish people who blindly hurt the world like the prince are especially bad, and why there should be certain requirements for power.

I actually expected that they were going to get the girl as bait rather than have her tail the enemy, although the end still took me by surprise a bit. Anyway, what kind of truly great assassin would look like a suspicious assassin? Seems more likely that an assassin that no one knows the look of would normally look unassuming unless in a situation that they want others to believe they look mysterious.

Looks like they are going to have to be reminded of modern war. And something is going to have to be done with Pina and in regard to her brother.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 11:

Good episode, really liked how the JSDF played their role to recuse the others but also engaging in combat against the Empire. Honestly, I think they had it coming to them by now with the way the story has been developing. Zorzal's face was also pretty priceless to watch. "What the hell is going on?!"

Can't wait to see Itami and his team in action soon.

Poor Pina...she definitely doesn't deserved to be chained up like that. The finale should be quite exciting with the way this episode was built up.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Poor Pina...she definitely doesn't deserved to be chained up like that

She should have read the fine print on her job description when she signed up for it. It's not all perks.

At the end there I thought she spoiler[was being assaulted in her cell.] That would have been hard to watch. As it is if Itami & co manage to rescue her next episode she will have gotten off pretty easy.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Given how well things are going for Zorzal after strictly following Tyuule's advice you'd think he'd at least deem her incompetent.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:00 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it seems like consulting Tyuule in front of his subordinates isn't the best idea either. She's not even his wife. Taking counsel from your slave just highlights how weak he is.

I would also have preferred if Pina hadn't been made into such a damsel in distress for Itami to rescue. I don't mind him rescuing her, but I'd just like to see her show a little spine during her captivity. It sounded like she thought she'd been left alone in the building and forgotten in her cell, in which case, that's the time you start working on getting out of there instead of going to pieces. With all that lamp oil, she could set fire to the wooden door. She's got a window for air and the walls are stonework, so it would be safe to do it.
Zork

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:14 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
With all that lamp oil, she could set fire to the wooden door. She's got a window for air and the walls are stonework, so it would be safe to do it.

I'm not sure how feasible that would be. First, even if there is a window there is probably no air circulation, so the smoke would build up inside the cell. She could put her face near the window, but the smoke would eventually start flowing out the window choking her. You see that all the time in news stories or YouTube videos about fires. Secondly, depending upon how small her cell is the heat build up would probably be overbearing. Thirdly, the door is probably 2-3 inches thick, so it would take forever to burn through. The build up of smoke I mentioned earlier would put the fire out due to lack of oxygen well before the door is sufficiently burned through enough to break.

I think by the time Itami found her she would either be nicely roasted or smoked like a turkey.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 21