• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, May 18-24

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:37 am Reply with quote
Trinity Seven better pick up the sales if it wants a second season and poor Etotama
KH91

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:41 am Reply with quote
BH6 domination. Yuki Yuna!!!!!! Origin at 60k. Nice.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:46 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised 4000 people were interested in Q Transformers. That show really stretches the definition of animation ...
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:03 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
Trinity Seven better pick up the sales if it wants a second season and poor Etotama

Doubt it'll happen. Both series' are doomed to be single seasons.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:29 am Reply with quote
Glad to see Tinkerbell on there.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:00 am Reply with quote
Alright! It seems that the Blu-Ray disk sales of YYIH are at a great start. Smile
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:11 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
Trinity Seven better pick up the sales

Way too late for that now.
WingKing

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:00 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Alright! It seems that the Blu-Ray disk sales of YYIH are at a great start. Smile

This was the sixth and final volume, and 8200 combined BD+DVD sold this week puts its overall sales average at 9037 per volume (which will even go up a bit more, because YuYu's always had good week 2 sales). That's more than enough to justify a second season, if all parties involved can agree on one. I'd be thrilled to see it happen, since I absolutely loved that show.

Rederoin wrote:
Zoneflare wrote:
Trinity Seven better pick up the sales

Way too late for that now.

True. Like YuYu, this is the last installment of the series. T7 is on track to finish up at somewhere around 3500 per volume.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:09 am Reply with quote
YuYuYu is anime orginal though, which makes it a bit harder to put your hopes in it getting a sequal. While adaptations of ongoing manga/LNs that sold over 9k have always gotten a sequel(only including from 2008 onwards), the same goes not for Anime orginal, sadly.
I'm also hoping for a sequel, ofcourse. But i'm not getting my hopes to high.
WingKing

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:33 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
YuYuYu is anime orginal though, which makes it a bit harder to put your hopes in it getting a sequal. While adaptations of ongoing manga/LNs that sold over 9k have always gotten a sequel(only including from 2008 onwards), the same goes not for Anime orginal, sadly.

And that's why I said "if all parties can agree," because you're absolutely right. Yuna's spiritual predecessors Madoka and Nanoha are both perfect examples. Season 3 of Nanoha averaged over 22k sales back in 2007 (twice the sales of season 2 and 4x the sales of season 1), and of course Madoka averaged over 70k in 2011, but until Nanoha Vivid came out this year neither one had been back on TV since...five movies were released between the two franchises, but no TV.

I know YuYu's producer said at the Sakura-con panel that they want to do a second season if they can, and I think he said they'd begun some preliminary negotiations, so at least the interest is there. Whether that ever translates into a finished product or not, we'll see. I've been around this hobby long enough that I know better than to hold my breath on it, but I'm not going to give it zero chance, either. Even franchises that have been dead for years can still get dug up and revived when you least expect it.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:48 am Reply with quote
Boueibu is still having good sales and that is all that I care about. I want more magical boys.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:57 am Reply with quote
If YuYu is going to follow precedent, it will release a trilogy of films that retell the story of the TV series, retcon the end in a way that annoys everyone for the sake of leaving room for a sequel, then never bother to make said sequel because Monogatari money needs to be printed.
chito895

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:16 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
If YuYu is going to follow precedent, it will release a trilogy of films that retell the story of the TV series, retcon the end in a way that annoys everyone for the sake of leaving room for a sequel...

Lol, I hope you're wrong. Razz
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:23 am Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
Zoneflare wrote:

Doubt it'll happen. Both series' are doomed to be single seasons.

Oh I knew etotama was going to be from the start. Sad for trinity seven though, would have loved to collect this series if/when it got licensed in the US but I don't buy series' that have only a single season with no definite conclusion. Oh well the manga is available in the US so I've got that at least.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:26 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:

There's been a lot of YuYuYu stuff in Dengeki G's over the last few months -- features, short stories, gag manga, etc. We'll see if that's enough to keep fan interest afloat for the time being.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2