• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, May 18-24

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:48 am Reply with quote
If that was any indication of Denki-Gai's sales in Japan, how many exactly are Pony Canyon expecting to sell of its overseas release?...
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:53 am Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:
If YuYu is going to follow precedent, it will release a trilogy of films that retell the story of the TV series, retcon the end in a way that annoys everyone for the sake of leaving room for a sequel...

Lol, I hope you're wrong. Razz

Could happen. In my opinion the story of Yuyu was pretty self contained & had as conclusive an ending as you can hope for from anime. If they want to keep the same cast, they'll have to reset or retcon the end in some way, or just retell it again. Now if they wanted to do a prequel about Mimi & Sonoko, or a future one with a different cast entirely, I'd be down with that.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:25 pm Reply with quote
It is sad seeing Etotama scratching the bottom... I'm enjoying the show.
chito895

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:

Now if they wanted to do a prequel about Mimi & Sonoko, or a future one with a different cast entirely, I'd be down with that.

The prequel is supposed to be the Light Novel that was launched a time before, so adapting it would be amazing. I supposed it expands a lot about their world and who was Sonoko before the events of the main series.

As the series finished saying spoiler[it was Yuki Yuna's chapter], then it would make sense that, as you said, a sequel would feature new characters.
WingKing

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:

Now if they wanted to do a prequel about Mimi & Sonoko, or a future one with a different cast entirely, I'd be down with that.

The prequel is supposed to be the Light Novel that was launched a time before, so adapting it would be amazing. I supposed it expands a lot about their world and who was Sonoko before the events of the main series.

As the series finished saying spoiler[it was Yuki Yuna's chapter], then it would make sense that, as you said, a sequel would feature new characters.

The prequel novel is really good; if you liked the series then you should definitely read it. They'd have to add a lot of anime original content to make a full TV series out of it, but it could probably be done.

There's also a sequel light novel that's currently in serialization (with the same group of characters) that could be used as a starting point for another season. It's also brought up in the sequel novel spoiler[that the Taisha are planning to expand production of the hero app to create a much larger pool of candidates and hopefully avoid a repeat of Fu and Togo's breakdowns. The new heroes will be much less powerful though, since the power lent by the Shinju would have to be divided among a much larger group of girls. The protective fairies and mankai won't be part of the new app anymore, either.] So that's another possible angle.
chito895

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the information. I'll check that out. Very Happy [/code]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2