• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Prison School (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maCSlate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
maCSlate wrote:
I don't get it. My humor is extremely dirty. I love shows like SYD and Azazel-san, but I can't get into Prison School.
I tried watching the first 3 epsiodes, but I didn't laugh once. I actually had to force myself to watch them.
I don't get why people keep comparing it to SYD, aside from the general setting (girls school going coed) they have nothing in common.
Am I missing something? I feel like I should enjoy this show, but I somehow can't. Crying or Very sad

I don't think so, they're completely different kinds of humor, really. Most people just sort of put everything with sexual humor in the same label, I think. Personally, I couldn't get through even one episode of SYD, and am enjoying the hell out of Prison School, so I believe the kind of humor it presents is just entirely different.

Makes sense. I just wish I knew what bothers me. I guess its just not for me, maybe I'm more S then M. Anyways have fun. Ima find me something else to watch. Maybe I'll try again later.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Well that was fairly...eh entertaining. We got a lot of Meiko this week who is playing mind games with Gakuto. Poor dude though. I mean, the action figure was being played on literally. At the same time, I feel like Meiko is suffering a bit mentally.

The Grape of Wrath imagery was pretty sweet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't one of the stronger episodes imo, but it was okay. I didn't laugh as much this week.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

I guess Anzu felt a bit guilty about what happened.

Ah, the girls played dirty this episode imo especially Meiko. The lock, the lure, etc. Anyways, this episode also showed the presence of the wet T-shirt contest lol. Next week should be funny. And oh, poor Andre....he had no idea what he was in store for.

Also felt bad for Shingo too since I felt like he got cheated out of trying to make it back on time at the very end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
louis6578

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:27 am Reply with quote
Any thoughts on the amazing Broadcast Dub?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Well that was pretty intense and thrilling involving arm wrestling contests. I found it funny at how they put emphasis (a lot of it actually) into Andre's nipple hair lol. I bet BDs will reveal the obstruction of the other parts in this episode..

As for the episode itself, it's too bad their plan didn't work in the end.

Still, I thought the arm wrestling contest was entertaining to watch. Meiko has one badass arm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Episode 10

LOL, is it just me or does Hana seem somewhat yandere-ish this episode? Well, I thought her general reactions were amusing to watch.

I felt bad for the boys tbh especially Gakuto.

It seems like he lost his mind for a moment and they were treating them like they were on death row or something with the "last meal" stuff. Nice episode though. I'm glad to see that the Chairman actually is delaying their expulsion a bit. So in other words, perhaps the boys has a chance...
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Truly amazing episode. I couldn't stop laughing from the very first scene with Gakuto on the toilet, all the way to the end.

I've always said the Chairman was the star of the show and he didn't prove me wrong this time around. Can't wait to see how the boys get out of this one!
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Kiyoshi would not be friends with Kaiki or Shirou, I suppose.
gustave154

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Ass-men unite!!
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:32 am Reply with quote
Wow, ep 11 was intense.

Hana........

Only one more episode to go. Hope this gets picked up for a second season.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:42 pm Reply with quote
For some reason, Hana reminds me of spoiler[Yuno (from Mirai Nikki)] a bit with those scissors...

Comedy was still gold as ever this week.
I just love that Medusa metaphor when Kiyoshi saw Hana's you-know-what.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:33 am Reply with quote
Well now, the tables have turned. No announcement, but this definitely sets up a possible second season.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quote
People are really getting their shorts in a wad over a throwaway line mentioning Gamergate.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale:

Well that was a fun final episode to watch.

Finally, the boys gains some payback against the Underground Student Council. There were also some intense kissing up to the point where Hana gets a nosebleed lol. The scene was hilariously well done imo to get the comedy thrilling part across.

There's a nice little tease at the end with the intro of some new characters.
It's more of a teaser as there's no season 2 announced yet. Hopefully someday.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Finally, the boys gains some payback against the Underground Student Council.

It is possible to argue that the boys have been getting back at the USC all along -- the most obvious case of it being poor Hana. Every attempt she ever made to humiliate Kiyoshi totally backfires on her. At the end she looked so totally defeated I actually felt sorry for her.

I wouldn't have thought it possible, but the new regime seems far scarier than the USC ever was on its best/worst day. The girl with the dark short hair brought Meiko to heel with a warning glare that could have given a Buddha statue shivers.

"Some" payback? I think the turnaround was nearly total as it could be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3