• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Three Reasons Why Blood Blockade Battlefront is the Best Show of the Spring

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyron

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:31 am Reply with quote
@Sahmbahdeh

I don't even know why you would bother replying to someone who said "that FLCL mess." it's really apparent that anything more than slightly abstract is not for this person. there's a profound misunderstanding of the show and what it's aiming to do here, like someone complaining about the physics in a Tarantino movie.

Cut down on the long quote. --willag
nanairorekt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:37 am Reply with quote
I am not here to dispute what others are saying about BBB trying so hard to be cool or it being nonsensical, but I felt the need to create an account here just to chime in and say why BBB is delivering on all fronts for me.

I love Cowboy Bebop and Kyousougiga and although I try to actively seek out narratives that are similar to them, I still get surprised when I come across a show that impresses me with its creativeness and imagination. It doesn't hurt that BBB is incredibly hilarious as well and possesses characters that have their own brand of individuality.

I just can't stop laughing every time I look at that (6th gif) ED sequence and see them failing so hard at synchronizing those kicks. In a way I think this is the kind of show BBB is in a nutshell. It's bonkers and loopy and some may say it might get overwhelming at times because there's just too many things going on, but its mad energy is sure as hell infectious. I always have a blast watching it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7