• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
School-Live! (TV)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:38 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
meiam wrote:
... so that happened and all I could think of was "Welps she just sacrifice her live for nothing, unless the school has really weird door that only close from the outside". I'm guessing she was like bitten before hand, but then how did she know she was gonna turn, that was on the first day?

We see blood running down her arm which I think is safe to assume came from a bite. They already had experience with Kurumi's crush turning so they knew what to expect.

Earlier when they had Yuri scary face Taromaru into obedience it was played for laughs. But here with Miki... What the heck was Yuri intending to do if Miki refused to play along?

Oh true, I had forgotten the crush.

This weeks scene with Yuki forcing Miki to acknowledge Megune existence was the first time I really felt like the setting was being used to it fullest. It does seems like Yuki is aware that Megune is dead and that the disaster happened but she's just dragging the other girls other her delusion to make it more real. I hope we get more scene that force the girls to accept reality and see the effect on Yuki. She could well turn violent rather than accept reality. Very Happy
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:

It has kinda been bothering me that Miki wears suspenders. That's kind of... kinky considering her personality and that she is in high school.

For anybody that wears uniforms, whether school or military, suspenders do have an actual function. For the military, suspenders are usually worn in "Dress" uniforms to keep your shirt in your pants and the shirt lines from drifting too much. It probably has the same function for school uniforms.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Geez guys, like Badge304 said, I was talking about garter belts. Laughing I'm pretty sure they are called suspenders in British English. That's what I've always called them anyways. Garter belts (suspenders) are often seen as sexy and erotic so I thought it was a bit odd that Miki is wearing them considering her shy personality.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Earlier when they had Yuri scary face Taromaru into obedience it was played for laughs. But here with Miki... What the heck was Yuri intending to do if Miki refused to play along?

It was really nice to see that element of Yuri's character come back in a more serious way. I do wonder how much Yuri was prepared to do there. It does seem that playing along with Yuki is a necessary price of admission for the School Living Club, with all the grim consequence that implies for those who do not.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone noticed the OP continues to change? In this episode I noticed the inclusion of a vase with a flower in it which was from the episode we saw Megumi's past, and the shot of Kei now has her walking towards zombies. I wonder if all the happy scenes will eventually be replaced, like removing Megumi, or with a zombie her.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:37 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Has anyone noticed the OP continues to change? In this episode I noticed the inclusion of a vase with a flower in it which was from the episode we saw Megumi's past, and the shot of Kei now has her walking towards zombies. I wonder if all the happy scenes will eventually be replaced, like removing Megumi, or with a zombie her.

Hopefully! That would be an awesome twist of sorts.
Badge304

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
The big clue about Megunee was at the end of episode 3.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Admittedly, I read the manga, but the hints about Megu-nee being dead are a bit too much to ignore.

1. No one talks to her except Yuki.
2. No one responds to anything she says unless Yuki informs the others that Megu-nee said a specific sentence or phrase.
3. She lets Kurumi drive!
4. If one looks closely, they can see her bow at the end of episode one, though that could just be a different Easter Egg.

Either way, I don't see the clue at the end of episode 3, Badge. In fact, Episode 3 throws some doubt into the (proven) theory that Megu-nee is dead by having the flashback be from her POV.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:07 pm Reply with quote
To go into adaptation changes
spoiler[Miki and Yuki's relationship is shifted significantly, it would have pretty much been a little over an episode worth of content glossing over both characters as well as a showing a character shift in Miki being logically cynical on Yuki's sunny disposition and effectively calling Yuki out for being "the load" as Yuki Chuunibyou's out.
Instead of Miki Yuki engaging there differences, it is instead effectively handwaved so future developments can assumabley stay on course.]

If the adaptation is going to end where I assume it will end based on the source material, it would have shot for a 15-16 episode season easily, so dumbing out subplots makes sense due to time constraints but just as well it has a noticeably different hit.
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:06 am Reply with quote
Another big change is Taroumaru. In the manga, spoiler[there was a dog that they wanted to keep, but it turned out that the dog was bitten earlier, turned, and tried to attack them. In the manga, that was just to show that animals can become zombies too.]

It has yet to be seen if Taroumau will go through a more emotional, heartwrenching death, or if he is truly going to be their Team Pet for the rest of the series. I wouldn't mind either choice. ^^

Keep manga spoilers behind the spoiler tags. Thanks. --willag
Badge304

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:57 am Reply with quote
Magunee clue at end of episode 3:
Contains future events,
spoiler[Magunee is shown in the basement survival bunker that has not been shown until this shot. The walls are lined with storage bins.
The screen darkens and goes to black and white indicating that the Magunee pictured there is Zombified Magunee. Shows where she is in present time.]
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:18 am Reply with quote
Badge304 wrote:
Magunee clue at end of episode 3:
Contains future events,
spoiler[Magunee is shown in the basement survival bunker that has not been shown until this shot. The walls are lined with storage bins.
The screen darkens and goes to black and white indicating that the Magunee pictured there is Zombified Magunee. Shows where she is in present time.]

As someone who read the manga, I know that is a possible interpretation, but... I fail to see the evidence that they were really going for that.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:51 am Reply with quote
She's also shown spoiler[in a blurry, unclear fashion, like the zombies are].
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

What a sweet episode. Now I do feel bad for Yuki as reality sometimes come to her mind and she goes into a brief mental state about Megu-nee. No doubt that she misses her but she still creates that sense of illusion....

The balloon scene was adorable though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:36 pm Reply with quote
In my opinion, this was the weakest episode. That said, it's a testament to the show's quality that I can say that this and the episode is still pretty good.

I just hope they get to how Megu-nee died soon. Maybe showing some more survivors or something. Oh! It'd be an awesome twist if those letters got to some survivors who end up coming to save them.

On an unrelated note, I noticed that this show is hard to recommend without spoiling the twist. I will say though, if you're a fan of K-On and The Walking Dead, you will love this show. Very narrow demographic. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 14