• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek's Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust Release Will Not Have Japanese Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm Reply with quote
They got some good talent on-board though like John DiMaggio, Debi Derryberry, and Pamela Adlon (who, ironically, has become more of a celebrity since this movie came out).

Also, according to Wikipedia, this film was shown in theaters in Japan in English with Japanese subtitles, with the Japanese dub being done for the home video release.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:59 am Reply with quote
Shen: I know for a fact that they were gunning for a PG-13, not an R, for the film. But since they were Disney with Princess Mononoke, they have the money to buy one. Plus, they got shut out of the Academy Awards, in favor of that shitty Final Fantasy movie, so they might indeed have an axe to grind.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:52 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
EyeOfPain wrote:

Didn't Kikuchi state that the most commonly spoken language in the VHD world is English, similar to how Nightow stated that English is the official language on Planet Gunsmoke?

While I don't know about the first part of your statement, the Trigun (TV) ANN Encyclopedia entry's Trivia section does say confirm that "Nightow has gone on record to say that English is the language actually spoken on the Planet Gunsmoke".

Well, it is the Wild Wild West.

Also, English is the lingua franca in Gundam - that's why the HUD controls are in English.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:54 am Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:
If the Japanese licencor want people to pirate their movie that much that's their problem. I can't see this having a negative affect on the sales though since the movie was originally recorded in English. I do hope they remix it though because the dialogue track on the original DVD was really low.

THAT THERE IS THE UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR.

from this explanation it seems that they really want this release to bomb like hell do they. of course it'll be pirated. and thanks to those idiots, they gave those fansubbers free reings to make fansub version for their websites.

while it wouldnt effect my choice on buying it since i'm in a sense a dub watcher and only watch subs on certain circumstances, i'm afraid that there are a lot of those in the otaku community that watches subs and will probably boycott the movie in protest. dont know their reason for not allowing the japaneese version to be released in the US, but the definitely did a real disservice to all D fans everywhere cause now they literately given the reigns of their precious japaneese version to the fansubbers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3