• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English-Language Broadcasters Pursued for Ghibli/Polygon's Ronia Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
medama_oyaji

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I loved this show. One of my very favorite series from the last year. The CG is a little strange, but there are some incredibly beautiful sequences, and the story was very touching. I became very attached to the characters, and after talking about it so much at home, my wife even joined me on finishing up the series. We waited weeks after the last episode aired to watch it, because she didn't want it to end!

Part of that attachment I feel is to the Japanese voices. I feel like the actress for Ronja, especially, was perfect. I hope the dub does the series justice! And I hope people don't write this off because of its unusual look!
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
If the adult swim anime block still existed this would probably be a good fit.

Not sure who will air this now though. There's probably a ton of small/local networks that already air Ghibli movies that would love to add this if it was a film. As a series that you have to dedicate a recurring time slot to and it's not some crazy 100 episode series that they can run 5-days a week... and it's anime on top of that? I don't know if there's much appeal for that. At least in the US.

Sounds like something built to be on like every streaming platform available.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2