Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: One Piece

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:02 am Reply with quote
On the one hand, congratulations on reaching the 1000 episodes mark, One Piece anime. On the other, if the pacing of the anime hadn't slowed to crawl after the time skip, we needn't be here yet. Though perhaps given the inherently long natures of Dressrosa, Whole Cake Island and Wano, we'd only be a hundred episodes lesser even if with more chapters adapted per episode.

Also I have no idea how anyone plans to physically own the anime or the manga at this point. Both can take up the space of an entire bookshelf at this point.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
One Piece joins rarified company this week, hitting one thousand episodes of television. It's been a ride, hasn't it folks?

Sure, its been a ride, but it would have been better had they adapted the 1000th chapter on the 1000th episode, which they had 1 chance to do. Instead they kept it slow and only adapted the rest of 989 up to page 5 of 990. The real celebration will be around episode 1010 when chapter 1000 will air. Unfortunately, I assume they'll treat it as a normal episode and won't promote it like they did ep 1000 even though they promoted chapter 1000 heavily it last year.
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:03 am Reply with quote
So with the praise of the Oars stuff, are we just going to forget that they just re-used the exact same flashback from only 2 episodes ago?
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:57 pm Reply with quote
1002: I actually found that during all the non-X-Drake scenes the animation quality took a pretty sharp nosedive. Weird-looking stills/frames really gave the feeling of "Okay, 1000 was two weeks ago, back to the regular junk now".
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:32 pm Reply with quote
This fight between the Akazaya and Kaido was easily one of my favorite battle scenes from the entire series. Toei is just knocking it out of the park with the big climactic moments in this arc. It's been an absolute joy to watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 42 of 42