• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed for PS4 Release First

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I find no point in make a remake of a game
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:59 pm Reply with quote
SWEET BABY JANE THIS IS FINALLY HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously this actually makes me hype since this was the first rpg I ever got as a kid and I have very fond memories of it. It only made me love it more when I played it 5 years ago and completed it so yeah this is pretty freaking sweet seeing this be remade.
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:59 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:

That's a bar so freaking low it's underground. And again, that's before we get into how 2015 Nomura is not '97 Nomura. Or how Nomura's input in direction and story was, at best, minimal.

I love 2015 Nomura. All of his last few games he's directed have been great(KH2, BBS, DDD,etc..) You might not like KH but there are a lot of people that love them and they review really well. Nomura was credit with base story / scenario concept for FFVII. And Nojima's on as scenario writer... same writer as the original. You can be as pessimisstic as you want, its probably the best team they can put together of current square employees.

As a former gackt fangirl i didn't really mind Genesis. It's not like Nomura's bishounens aren't gackt inspired anyways. Always gotta be someone negative to rain on people's parade lol. I loved Crisis Core & Advent Children, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with this one. If they add stuff you don't like- hey, novel idea... just don't play it. The original is still there!
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Can't be it actually happened! I hope I'll live to see this actually make it to market and play from start to finish.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:12 pm Reply with quote
15 seems great so far, Type-0 (non port) was awesome, and FF14 is epic. Square CAN do this right. So far, they got the visuals spot on perfect. I have faith in them. 2017 release date would be perfect for 20th anni
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so we see a really cool mocap intro/commercial--
It still doesn't answer the one question the more rational fans have been asking for years:

HOW THE HECK are they planning to convert the Minecraft People of the original PS1 game into PS4? Shocked
If they figure that out, maybe they can get FF9 up there, too.
naninanino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, but the chances of this being the FF VII that people loved are extremely low. There are reasons as to why that game worked and maybe still works, but most of that just isn't possible to trasition to today's gaming standard and I doubt the creative team is even interested in doing that. I'd hold on to those wallets. Really would much rather see SE having XV ready and more to show of KH III by now instead of this.

This coming from someone who still considers VII as one of his favorite games.
Rychy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I wanted this for so long, but can't believe it's finally happening.

@ 0:22. The model on the building advertisement looks like Aya Brea from Parasite Eve.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:15 pm Reply with quote
naninanino wrote:
Sorry, but the chances of this being the FF VII that people loved are extremely low. There are reasons as to why that game worked and maybe still works, but most of that just isn't possible to trasition to today's gaming standard and I doubt the creative team is even interested in doing that. I'd hold on to those wallets. Really would much rather see SE having XV ready and more to show of KH III by now instead of this.

This coming from someone who still considers VII as one of his favorite games.

It still holds up and it still works; there's really nothing about VII that is fundamentally flawed and there's no point in adding anything to it. It's not like the first three games which really did need massive reworkings or like VIII which is fundamentally broken on a design perspective. Nomura will no doubt just add pointless BS to the game and try to "update" it, such as removing Cloud's Han Solo-lite wiseass attitude and replace him with the mopey bore from Advent Children. Or take away any of Aerith's girly charm and spunk and reduce her to the pure maiden everyone keeps forgetting she wasn't. It's clear he never understood any of the characters even at face value and there is no reason to trust him with any of them, let alone trusting him with redoing their claim to fame.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I was pretty excited, not gonna lie. There might have been back-flips involved!

Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
Almost burst a vein withholding my screams at half past three in the morning. Still giddy.

Back to reality though. I wonder when on earth this will be ready to come out.

Considering Nomura is directing it, 2025 probably

Last edited by Ambimunch on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrathful

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Meh, I prefer Final Fantasy 9. knowing it's Square Enix, they must be pulling something.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:07 am Reply with quote
They did it. They actually did it. Very Happy
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:10 am Reply with quote
Super genki! Please, please, PLEASE let this happen. Please don't let them announce it as a test, spinoff, or swamp gas reflecting light off of Venus or something. SquareEnix, are you listening?
Sakura Stardust

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:11 am Reply with quote
I lost it at this announcement!! FFVII is my favorite in the series, and definately a game that needs a remake! I'm soooo excited for this!! *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
Sakura Stardust

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:18 am Reply with quote
Usagi-kun wrote:
Super genki! Please, please, PLEASE let this happen. Please don't let them announce it as a test, spinoff, or swamp gas reflecting light off of Venus or something. SquareEnix, are you listening?

そうだよ!げんきでしょ!!♪( ´▽`)

The trailer literally said "Remake" on the screen at the very end, so don't worry about that! I just hope this game doesn't take 1000 years to come out :p
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5