• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:34 am Reply with quote
For us, it's the way we order our manga. In general, we only order during sales. Usually this means we're pre-ordering, but if there hasn't been a sale in a while, we might be a volume or two behind. We try to keep track as best we can where we're at, but sometimes we get off (for example, I thought for certain that we had ordered 07-Ghost 15, but I couldn't find it after our move, and our order history said that we hadn't, so I knew I couldn't find it. 07-Ghost 9, on the other hand... it's just missing). Being able to go and say "crap, I don't remember if we ordered this one or not," and then check the order history to confirm, is very useful.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
@Dessa
OK, I can see where that would have worked. Honestly, it would never have occurred to me to do that. Primarily because I would never trust a second party to keep records I needed. The current situation being a case in point. In addition this limits you to purchasing from a single location.

In my case, since 2010 when the thread on expenses started I've kept hard copy on all my anime/manga/merchandise in a central location. Further I have a complete record of all the manga/novels/figures/etc. I ordered from the comic shop since I started in 1997. I also have any receipts for online orders from anyone (including TRSI) that far back, though I would have to hunt through a couple of boxes to find them. I used to have the receipts from brick and mortar stores but had to dump them. They turned out to be unreadable after a few years and the early ones didn't show what I bought.

Also TRSI sends you an e-mail when you order and again when they ship. I have those records and the similar records from other stores back to 2009. Doesn't take up much disk space at all.

I realize this is not too helpful now, but if you need a record of what you bought, in the future, maintain your own. You could start a spread sheet, or save the e-mails. The easiest would be to print out the shipping notices and save in a folder. When they are too old to matter throw them away.

I just noticed that the TRSI packing slip no longer contains the price information. I'll miss that, but it just means printing the shipping notice.

Edit: Damn, the new shipping notice doesn't contain cost information either. That is a real pain since with partial shipments you won't know how much you have been charged.
RightStufTenguMinion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
Will you eventually be bringing over older orders?

We will most likely be bring over the orders from 2013 at some point. However, it is unlikely we'll be bringing over very old order history.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
@RightStufTenguMinion

Are you planning to change the shipping notice back to including the amount charged for that shipment. This is important especially in the case of partial shipments. If the recipient has to pay sales tax or shipping on a partial order they may not know how much they were charged. This information was also dropped from the packing list contained with the shipment for some unknown reason.
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:00 am Reply with quote
Minion: Any idea when partial shipping with resume? I got a chuckle just now when my order for Cute High Earth Defense vol 2 shipped, when vol 1 is stuck in partial order limbo since it was ordered with something else that was delayed. Thankfully the other item was only delayed until September 22, but if it has to wait until that ships, it will not arrive until a couple weeks shy of 2 months post release date.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:31 am Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
Minion: Any idea when partial shipping with resume? I got a chuckle just now when my order for Cute High Earth Defense vol 2 shipped, when vol 1 is stuck in partial order limbo since it was ordered with something else that was delayed. Thankfully the other item was only delayed until September 22, but if it has to wait until that ships, it will not arrive until a couple weeks shy of 2 months post release date.

If you contact customer care they can split this off and ship it to you right away.

We have code in testing for split shipments and hope to have that up and running yet in September.
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:48 am Reply with quote
Thanks for replying Shawn. I will do that today since I have the money ready and waiting!
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Man, anyone feel like their specials this week are a little like Prime Day? I like having the themes overall though (obviously a lot of "back to school" ones were due). Also, a lot of their daily deals have been feeling like this lately too. Sure, sometimes there'll be a nice discount on a Nozomi title, but it mostly just seems to be bargain bin highlights. For being touted as a return of the daily special from the Xmas sales, the Xmas sale daily deals weren't just things from the bargain bin at least. I'm rather disappointed in this new feature, I'd rather have the 6 daily deals back where at least two of them weren't just more heavily discounted bargain bin things (it's how I got my One Piece manga box set 1, but I couldn't ever see that being in the daily deal now).

Also, I still really need that "new/removed items" lists back, that thing was my canary in the coal mine. When Dr. Slump vols went out (back before they got reprinted), it helped me know to find v9 before they skyrocketed in used price.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:30 pm Reply with quote
The new page is back, just not the changed/removed part.
RightStufKitsuneMinion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys, we know its been a while since we've last posted the weekly specials. Our super special holiday planning has kept us a little busy. Wink

Hopefully we can make it up to you going forward. On that note, here are the weekly specials!

Blood Drive Specials!

In the spirit of our current blood drive, we've given our latest weekly specials a vampiric twist!

No Promo Code Required!

We're also offering an even greater deal on some of our sale items when you purchase our weekly specials bundles:
Chibi Vampire Specials Bundle
Vampire Doll Manga Bundle
Seraph of the End Manga Bundle
Vampiric Volumes Manga Bundle

Click here to see them all!

SuBLime Sale!

Save At least 50% OFF All Titles!

Promo Code: BL-2015
Sale Ends: September 24, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST

Click here for a list of all products!

Manga Entertainment Sale!

Save at Least 40% OFF DVD & Blu-ray Titles!

Promo Code: MANGA15
Sale Ends: September 21, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST

Click here to see all items!

All You Need is Kill Manga Omnibus!

We're giving away a free copy of the All You Need is Kill Manga Omnibus autographed by artist Takeshi Obata! One lucky winner will take home the sci-fi graphic novel version of Hiroshi Sakurazaka's story that was adapted into the Tom Cruise film Edge of Tomorrow! Enter today for your chance to win!

Entries will be accepted until September 20, 2015.

Was someone at Right Stuf totally awesome for you? Please let us know so we can reward our staff!

We love happy customer e-mails - we are a service organization - so tell us about our service! What was good, what can be improved; we want to hear it! You can also post on our Facebook page! For those who are interested, we do indeed have company lunches that much!

Submit an image of how your shipment arrived! Best photos will be circulated around the office in admiration and/or shock as appropriate. Creative recycling is encouraged.

Hints and Notes from Shawne:
"Approved" and waiting the final paperwork. People will be pleased.
A negative and a positive.
Not sure about this one. Still likely a long shot.

Great ways to interact with the minions at Right Stuf! We're here to help!
Our Facebook ~ Shawne's Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Tumblr ~ Pinterest
-----------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to our weekly updates and press release announcements! Anime information in your inbox!

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (Weekly Specials, Bargain Bins, Closeout items, and specialty Imports) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at www.rightstufanime.com. Items on that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requirements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon. Coupons expire at 11:59 pm Central Time on the date of expiration.

Thanks for your business from the entire Right Stuf team!

Would you like to see our newest news and newsletters, prettier than we can make them here? Click here!
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if RightStuf membership discount changed? Got an email with the sublime sale and the featured items and pre-orders member price doesn't seem right or was this just a mistake? I haven't gotten around to renewing my membership and haven't gotten chance to contact RS support. Curious if anyone knows off top of their head.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:13 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Anyone know if RightStuf membership discount changed? Got an email with the sublime sale and the featured items and pre-orders member price doesn't seem right or was this just a mistake? I haven't gotten around to renewing my membership and haven't gotten chance to contact RS support. Curious if anyone knows off top of their head.

you have to put in the coupon code now. I miss when they didn't have to be used, then I could double up sales Sad
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:46 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
One-Eye wrote:

you have to put in the coupon code now. I miss when they didn't have to be used, then I could double up sales Sad

I might have not explained myself well. The GotAnime membership used to give you about 10% off on top of whatever sale was going on, but looking at some of the items being advertised in featured items and pre-orders that doesn't seem to be the case. I was wondering if GA has been changed to something like "up to 10% off" which means it could be less. For example, under featured items they have FMA CE: Retail @ 329.98, Sale @ 214.49, and Member discount @ 197.99. Shouldn't price be with GA member discount be @ 193.04 instead? Under pre-orders they have Black Lagoon sale price @67.49 and member discount @62.99, but shouldnt that be 60.74? That's why I was asking if the discount for GA had changed or whether this was just a mistake in the Ad? Here is what the Ad looks like:

I know prices have incrementally been trending upwards for anime and my impression has been that companies might be exerting more control over prices, so I was wondering if this was a result of that.
Saffire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:13 am Reply with quote
The Manga Entertainment specials appear to be calculated as expected so it could just be someone screwing up a spreadsheet formula somewhere. I can't access the site right now to actually check though. (For some reason our website filtering software declares it a "peer-to-peer site" :p)
traveling

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:05 am Reply with quote
Yeah. I know I'm not a GA member right now, but everything is showing as SRP rather than sale price. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 17