• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Babbito

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:50 am Reply with quote
Hey Shawn, are Shojo Beat titles not included in the Viz Media sale? I was looking forward to doing some one stop shopping with this sale.
RightStufTanukiMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:13 am Reply with quote
Babbito wrote:
Hey Shawn, are Shojo Beat titles not included in the Viz Media sale? I was looking forward to doing some one stop shopping with this sale.

Hey Babbito! Thanks for pointing this out. The promo code should work on Shojo Beat titles, we just forgot to put it in the link on the main page. We're getting it updated now Very Happy
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I believe that this has been mentioned before, but I am going to mention it again because it just annoyed me again.

When I am looking at an order that is "pending fulfillment" I should be able to see the stock status of the items.
As it is now I have to visit the page for each item, and even then all that it tells me is if the item is in stock now. If it was in stock when I ordered it but out of stock now are you holding one for me? Or do I need to wait until it is back in stock again?

This is something that was much better on the old site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RightStufTanukiMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:21 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
I believe that this has been mentioned before, but I am going to mention it again because it just annoyed me again.

When I am looking at an order that is "pending fulfillment" I should be able to see the stock status of the items.
As it is now I have to visit the page for each item, and even then all that it tells me is if the item is in stock now. If it was in stock when I ordered it but out of stock now are you holding one for me? Or do I need to wait until it is back in stock again?

This is something that was much better on the old site.

This is one of the many things we're looking into seeing if we can fix, but we have quite a few smaller projects that we're working on as well. Day by day, the site is getting better in smaller ways, so even if it's not an easy fix now, hopefully it will be tackled in the long run.

As for your order, if it was in stock when you checked out, it *should* be set aside for specifically your order. Unlike the old website, our system is running real time now. The only exception would be if someone ordered at just about the same time you did, making it hard to tell if you actually ordered when it was "in stock."

It's really easy for CS to check that for you, so if you want to submit a case on your account page or at the link below, someone can let you know the specific status of your order within 24 hours.

http://www.rightstufanime.com/contact

Please let me know if you have any more questions or need any more assistance!
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:26 am Reply with quote
^
Thank you for the response.
I know that the new site is still a work in progress. I will try to be more patient.

What is the current situation for partial shipments?
Do you have a policy in place with rules that you can tell us about?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
I can't say I'm thrilled with the change to preauthorizing the entire amount on credit card orders even for distant preorders(I've placed quite a few on cards that didn't have the funds available quite that instant), which really does little more than pointlessly hold up funds(if the hold expires between placing the order and charging it, there's no point in a full-value hold; those funds could be pissed away before you can ship the item anyway).

We do not preauth the entire amount. That lasted for about 2 weeks when we switched over the site.

We preauth $1 to do a fraud check on the card when the order is accepted. Then you are charged as the items ship.

Quote:
Checking out the order history, I'll speak from personal experience: I've had to tell far too many people how to work the filter for the order history of my last employer's site to regard it as anything less than a design flaw to default to any sort of narrow date-based filter. Frankly, the selective hiding of orders was also far more useful for me to tell the orders with outstanding items apart from those I'd received in full; you've removed a useful feature and replaced with worse than nothing.

Speaking of that, you've also broken the ability to open the details of multiple orders at once. There is absolutely no good reason to have orders pulled up by Javascript if you move to a new page; please return that function to a proper link so I can start opening the orders in separate tabs again.

We realize this is an issue that people are wanting changed and it's on the development list. We changed platforms so many things need to be rebuilt. Have people on it.

Quote:
And as a simple note, I can't find anywhere to begin an advanced search, rather than starting one and starting a drilldown after the fact. Not a dealbreaker, but it was rather nice to be able to set all the fields ahead of time.

We found from the statistics that people preferred the facet cut down search versus the other, so we focused on that first.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I just picked up a few things in the current Sentai sale, and something I found a bit inconvenient was that the sale prices weren't showing up in the product listings, or indeed at all until after I'd entered the coupon code at checkout. Personally I don't find it all that difficult to do the mental math involved, but I know many past sales have shown the 40% off price up-front. Is that just an artifact of this sale being based on a coupon code, or something else?
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:43 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
I just picked up a few things in the current Sentai sale, and something I found a bit inconvenient was that the sale prices weren't showing up in the product listings, or indeed at all until after I'd entered the coupon code at checkout. Personally I don't find it all that difficult to do the mental math involved, but I know many past sales have shown the 40% off price up-front. Is that just an artifact of this sale being based on a coupon code, or something else?

This is due to the coupon code needing to be added so that the discount can be applied. If you put in the coupon code, it should show the discount on all of the items on the side.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I really wish not having to add coupon codes, it let me take advantage of two sales where now I can really only take advantage of one. They used to just be used for those seasonal clearance sales, but now you need them for every sale. I usually only need about $20-$30 for any given sale, so being able to mix them was fantastic. It's not like I could use a $4 off $70 coupon code in either case anyway.
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Another problem with coupon codes is that I have to know about them and know that they apply to the item that I am looking at.
If I am just browsing the site I cannot tell from the search results, or even the item page, that the item is on sale. Because of that I do not feel any incentive to order it now. It looks like it is at the regular price, so I might as well wait.

What is really more important to me is something that I have mentioned before. That is the fact that I do not see the sale price in my wish list.
I do not pay much attention to publishers. I just care about the titles. When I hear about something that I think that I might want to buy I put it in my wish lists at Right Stuf and Amazon.
When I have some money to spend I check my wish lists to see what I might want to spend it on.
My wish list at Amazon shows me the current price of each item, the Wish list at Right Stuf does not. That gives Amazon an advantage for me.
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:57 am Reply with quote
I do not know if anybody from Right Stuf is paying attention to this thread, but I will mention that the web site is not working for me today in Firefox. I have not tried any other browsers.

I can see the main page and get to my account, but clicking on any link outside of my account gets an Internal Error page.
If I click a product link from one of my lists I get "
Internal Error
an error occurred performing search with params: "
followed by a list of parameters, even though I was not searching for anything.

EDIT: I am having the same problem with Internet Explorer and the Chrome browser, all running in Windows 7.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Windows 7, Chrome, same error when clicking the sale link from the main page.
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:14 pm Reply with quote
The site seems to be working normally for me now.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
The site seems to be working normally for me now.

Sorry about that everyone. The joys of internet connectivity..
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:35 am Reply with quote
I wish it would say when sales end again, it seems like that suddenly stopped more recently. But it's handy for me to know if I can either wait for more weekly specials to come up, or wait until I see what my comic shop has, etc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 17