• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Berserk - Character Discussion -Spoiler Beware-

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Facade19 wrote:
spoiler[She promised Guts her love. But then she wants to take care of Griffith and chose him over Guts. That was just wrong. ]

The thing about spoiler[choosing Griffith over Guts at that one situation was Griffith was in such a condition that he was never going to be able to stand or take care of himself, because he had endured torture for a year that it left his body in such a messed up condition. My opinion Casca had no intention of sleeping with Griffith at that point. But she just couldn't leave him like that. He would've lived for only a short amount of time if nobody were to take care of him if you take out the events of the Eclipse. But then things changed. Guts loved Casca, Casca loved Guts and Griffith. But in ways that were different. She ain't a ho.]
Urd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Not a Jellyfish wrote:
spoiler[I definitely think Caska really did want to be with Griffith, but she also loved Guts. I think for her it was because Griffith was so far out of her reach that she knew she'd never have a chance with him. But I don't think she just settled for Guts because he was second best, she genuinely loved him. Although, I think Guts still has a right to be upset with Griffith about "raping" Caska during the eclipse. Griffith abused Caska's emotions for both of them to get to Guts. It was Griffith's direct revenge at Guts, regardless of Caska. So, although Caska may have actually wanted Griffith too, he didn't rape her because she "didn't want it," he raped her to hurt Guts. And Caska never even objected. Although it seemed like she didn't really have any idea what was going on, she never said no. She just told Guts not to look, because she knew he'd see through it. Guts chooses to focus on the fact that Griffith raped her, rather than to focus on the fact that Caska actually wanted it that way.]

I totally agree with you, spoiler[I think Casca will 'betray' Guts or at least will go back to Griffith when her memory's back, after all the skull knight said what Guts wanted was probably not what she wanted.
I hope Farnese will have a big role at the end of the story. ]
Facade19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Urd wrote:
Not a Jellyfish wrote:
spoiler[I definitely think Caska really did want to be with Griffith, but she also loved Guts. I think for her it was because Griffith was so far out of her reach that she knew she'd never have a chance with him. But I don't think she just settled for Guts because he was second best, she genuinely loved him. Although, I think Guts still has a right to be upset with Griffith about "raping" Caska during the eclipse. Griffith abused Caska's emotions for both of them to get to Guts. It was Griffith's direct revenge at Guts, regardless of Caska. So, although Caska may have actually wanted Griffith too, he didn't rape her because she "didn't want it," he raped her to hurt Guts. And Caska never even objected. Although it seemed like she didn't really have any idea what was going on, she never said no. She just told Guts not to look, because she knew he'd see through it. Guts chooses to focus on the fact that Griffith raped her, rather than to focus on the fact that Caska actually wanted it that way.]

I totally agree with you, spoiler[I think Casca will 'betray' Guts or at least will go back to Griffith when her memory's back, after all the skull knight said what Guts wanted was probably not what she wanted.
I hope Farnese will have a big role at the end of the story. ]

My thoughts exactly.
However my dream ending would be Griffith and Guts joining forces and wiping everybody to death. Now that would be truly Berserk. Very Happy
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I'd really like to see the matchup between the Skull Knight and Zodd, that is a true Berserk fight Very Happy
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
I'd really like to see the matchup between the Skull Knight and Zodd, that is a true Berserk fight Very Happy

Yes, I think the final fight between those two will certainly be a spectacle. spoiler[I envision a parallel fight between Skull Knight vs Zodd and Guts vs Griffith. Now THAT would be a sight to behold.]
LightYagami

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I honestly don't think that the series will end with just an epic fight. What about the effects that causality has and spoiler[The desired god: the Idea of evil].(Thinking about that lost chapter just gives me the creeps considering how much it explains about the inner workings of the berserk universe Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop )
Anime Wench

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote
I am currently reading the manga and am immensely enjoying it....blood, guts and all Wink It is very graphic. My favorite character is Guts. He is so strong. spoiler[It appears that at times, the demons he is fighting are starting to take possession of him. And he has been warned that if he's not careful, he could be consumed by them. I'm in the part of the manga where Guts is now traveling with a woman who has lost her mind (Caska), two former members of the vatican army, a witch, two elves and a boy. They are currently battling trolls. Disgusting creatures Mad I have a feeling that Gut's group and Griffith's group are eventually going to meet up. That will be interesting.]

I've seen a lot of discussion about whether Griffith and Femto are two separate individuals. spoiler[In my opinion, Griffith evolved into Femto and are one and the same. Griffith is his human form and Femto is his demon form. And as for the Godhand manipulating Griffith, Griffith was given the choice to become Femto and he submitted to it all of his own free will. He chose to sacrifice his whole army just for his own selfish purposes. That and the fact he raped Caska in front of him, is the reason Guts hates Griffith so much now.]

It will be interesting to see who wins in the end, but in my opinion, I think and hope it will be Guts.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:29 pm Reply with quote
The troll arc is a pretty good one, and intense. When spoiler[they go to rescue the women and children who kidnapped by the trolls, they find the women being raped by trolls, and children being eaten by them. Then they find a way out, after Guts has gone through and ripped the trolls to shredds. But before he can leave, the woman from Godhand appears, and tries to seduce Guts.]
haruki89

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:43 am Reply with quote
I watched Berserk ,and Blade of the Immortal 3 years ago, both manga and anime.
Personally,I feel that the Manji in the Blade of the Immortal is More like a berserker than Guts.
Blade of the Immortal anime is rated R class. I am not describe anymore for the safety sake
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4