• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Final Fantasy Adventure Production Green-Lit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:08 pm Reply with quote
How 'bout a U.S. release of Seiken Densetsu 3, while they're at it? Just saying. Rolling Eyes
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Game developer Square (now Square Enix) released the original Final Fantasy Adventure for Game Boy in 1991. The game was the first spinoff of the Mana series.

Umm... Seiken Densetsu (aka FFA) wasn't the "first spinoff" of the Mana series. It was the first GAME of the Mana series!
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:17 pm Reply with quote
It's most likely a F2P money pit on mobile.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:15 am Reply with quote
remember playing that original Gameboy game, could literally get stuck in the game if ya didn't buy enough of the necessary items, so have to start over from the beginning Laughing
Yuukiwr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:57 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
remember playing that original Gameboy game, could literally get stuck in the game if ya didn't buy enough of the necessary items, so have to start over from the beginning Laughing

Yeah and this i why i kinda prefer the pseudo remake that Sword of mana is ^^
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Quote:
Game developer Square (now Square Enix) released the original Final Fantasy Adventure for Game Boy in 1991. The game was the first spinoff of the Mana series.

Umm... Seiken Densetsu (aka FFA) wasn't the "first spinoff" of the Mana series. It was the first GAME of the Mana series!

Yep. Thing is it was a spin off (gaiden) of the FF series. While the game mechanics sported elements familiar in the designs of FF characters combined with the Zelda-esque gameplay. Not to mention the word "seiken" refers to "mana". Thus, creating a whole new series abandoning the "FF" brand. It's the first game to the 'Mana' series but the last game you'll find chocobos. I own just about every FF soundtrack published. The Seiken Densetsu OST has a sub-heading on the spine. Where it says "gaiden" on the front, the spine states it as being "Final Fantasy Adventure". Now if that has any reason it was called FFA here who knows for sure. As for the Saga games that's a whole other kettle of fish.

I'm curious about this new game, but after that whole 'Brownie Brown' deal taking the first game, and making it where you could play both character stories what more could they offer with this one? Other than the designs looking like Matrix was involved. I wish they would have released the actual 3rd Mana game for the SNES a long time ago and later released it on the 3DS and Virtual console.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Yep. Thing is it was a spin off (gaiden) of the FF series. While the game mechanics sported elements familiar in the designs of FF characters combined with the Zelda-esque gameplay. Not to mention the word "seiken" refers to "mana". Thus, creating a whole new series abandoning the "FF" brand. It's the first game to the 'Mana' series but the last game you'll find chocobos. I own just about every FF soundtrack published. The Seiken Densetsu OST has a sub-heading on the spine. Where it says "gaiden" on the front, the spine states it as being "Final Fantasy Adventure". Now if that has any reason it was called FFA here who knows for sure.

Still, the text should either read "The game was the first of the Mana spinoff series" or "The game was the first of the Mana series." By putting "The game was the first spinoff of the Mana series," it implies that the Mana series already existed, and that SD1 was a spinoff OF the Mana series, which is completely incorrect.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1