• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: MTV Posts Casting Call for True Life: I Want To Look Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:26 am Reply with quote
People that try to alter their appearance to look like an anime character (other than cosplay, obviously) just end up looking really deformed and unattractive.
Marilou Fortin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:35 am Reply with quote
I already have myfamily on my back for liking asian culture too much if I were to be on this set I'd say these matter of facts: asians are hard workers while americans are lazy bums in general, 2. Sound technicians have much more work opportunities in japan than in america and this in every field they'd choose, copyrights are actually much more espected than in america, which makes artist well paid compared to US artists.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:38 am Reply with quote
InuNaruPokeAlchemist wrote:
Mizerous wrote:
Blatch wrote:

*hovers finger over "You all need Jesus" button*

PRESS IT!!!

PRESS IT NAO!!!!!!

I AGREE! PRESS IT!
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:36 am Reply with quote
Rosalena wrote:
I secretly hope ANN posts an interest article when it actually airs because I can't help but want to see it. I have plenty of free time right now so I'm willing to sacrifice an hour of my life Laughing .

Didn't Zac write an article on an atrocious cosplay TV show?
I honestly never found the appeal of "reality TV shows" or "documentary" that were created to embrass people. Something about them makes my skin feel like it has centipedes all over. Confused
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:09 am Reply with quote
As posted before, here's MTV's "reality" episode about cosplayer YuffieBunny on Room Raiders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0SETmst4Yo#!
EricJ2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:40 am Reply with quote
Mature-Kun wrote:
Awesome. Another American-produced POS show displaying a condescending, outdated, bias view of Anime and its fanbase for low-brow entertainment.

"Anime style"? Gol-dang, I remember that from the 90's! Very Happy

Remember way, way, back, when everyone was pretending they knew what "anime" was, and getting pink and blue dyes/streaks so they could look "anime style" like Apollo Smile did?

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
Is MTV still relevant in any discernible way?

No. Why would anyone even need MTV? Just let your music apps decide for you based off your prefs, and the internet can hype musicians up without needing a dedicated channel.

I-I'm sorry, did you just make some comment implying that MTV actually shows music, instead of teen-based reality series or overbearingly cynical teen-grrl sitcoms?
Even people who bluff don't do that anymore!

Basically, all the Viacom networks haven't been the same since they wanted to come out like Bravo. Now it's just 15-yo. versions of Amy Poehler, and reruns of Teen Wolf with his shirt off.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:48 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
Is MTV still relevant in any discernible way?

No. Why would anyone even need MTV? Just let your music apps decide for you based off your prefs, and the internet can hype musicians up without needing a dedicated channel.

LOL, someone who thinks MTV has ANYTHING to do with music. Anime hyper Didn't you know MTV is a station for crappy "reality" shows mostly featuring drunkish 20-somethings and teen moms.
ResistNormal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:29 am Reply with quote
Wait, wait, wait, your telling me MTV still exist? Whoooh.
Hellfish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I really doesn't sound good at all... but I do dread that there are a handful of people that will accept to appear in this show... I don't make myself illusions that there aren't any people trying to look like their favorite character but I do fear the few that would accept being in the episode... :/ Most fans will probably avoid that casting call like the plague though.. but you only need a few...
meruru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Marilou Fortin wrote:
I already have myfamily on my back for liking asian culture too much if I were to be on this set I'd say these matter of facts: asians are hard workers while americans are lazy bums in general, 2. Sound technicians have much more work opportunities in japan than in america and this in every field they'd choose, copyrights are actually much more espected than in america, which makes artist well paid compared to US artists.

Um, please no with cultural stereotypes? Kthnx.

Anyways, shows like this gross me out. They just exist as an easy way for people to gawk at and disparage a group that's surely put down plenty already without MTv's help. And you know what? Who cares if they're sooooo weird or weaboo of whatever. They aren't harming anyone, so why do you care if they're weird or heaven forbid too enthusiasric by your standards? Blah.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Rosalena wrote:
I secretly hope ANN posts an interest article when it actually airs because I can't help but want to see it. I have plenty of free time right now so I'm willing to sacrifice an hour of my life :lol:

I don't foresee it ending well for the people involved though . . .

How remarkably appropriate that you have a Kyubey avatar. They made their wishes, and they signed the contracts. For that, they will all pay a terrible price.
endallchaos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, this episode is bound to make all anime fans look bad. Heck, It will probably make the casual viewer look horrible, as well. Neutral
BurgerKing-201

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
As all the closet Otakus breath a sigh of relief while their more flamboyant friends are getting flamed to death.
Space☆Candy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote
This is gonna make all anime fans look like weirdoes. Rolling Eyes
Space☆Candy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote
This is gonna make all anime fans look like weirdoes. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5