• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood Blockade Battlefront Finale Delayed Until Further Notice

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:16 am Reply with quote
when i saw the trailer of this series.. i thought it would be good

you got people with abilities + guys with the ability to control blood as weapon after all (similar to deadman wonderland, kyoukai no kanata, etc..)

but after episode 10.. didn't bother with it anymore....

I was looking forward to seeing the wolf woman in a fight.. but.. Confused

they introduced a lot of characters but most of them didn't do crap in this series

i guess this is like Gunslinger Stratos.. too many characters and they got no idea how to put them together
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:04 am Reply with quote
ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!! JUST FINISH IT!! *facepalm*
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:39 am Reply with quote
This practically confirms that bones is changing the story most likely to please fans even further possibly to even end it in a way to make sure that a second season will be made cause of the unexpected huge sales boost the series has had.

But cmon already i just want it to finish.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:37 am Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

Yeah the sales of the series have been insane. I think they could end up doing a 1 hour + ending episode

While 16,955 copies of the first BD/DVD volume sold is excellent, I have to wonder if you consider that "insane" what adjective you would use for some other series I could mention.
xBTAx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:41 am Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
when i saw the trailer of this series.. i thought it would be good

you got people with abilities + guys with the ability to control blood as weapon after all (similar to deadman wonderland, kyoukai no kanata, etc..)

but after episode 10.. didn't bother with it anymore....

I was looking forward to seeing the wolf woman in a fight.. but.. Confused

they introduced a lot of characters but most of them didn't do crap in this series

i guess this is like Gunslinger Stratos.. too many characters and they got no idea how to put them together

It's not that it had no idea how to put them together, but that it didn't want or need to. The show's mainly about Leo (and Black and White), not the entirety of Libra; the other characters are introduced and show up as needed. It's not as if this show's without flaws, but you can just say "it wasn't what I was coming to it for so I didn't enjoy it" and have it be true without it meaning something went wrong.

(Plus, Sumeragi can't transform; you've seen her powers.)

Last edited by xBTAx on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:42 am Reply with quote
I can't complain about a longer episode, but Summer's almost over, people. Get your act together Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Araki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:08 am Reply with quote
Eh, two better options to explain this:

a) rushed schedule, production colapses, episode cannot be finished in time. studio saves face adding a couple extra minutes and claims "it won't fit the timeslot"

b) series sells more than expected, original ending scrapped, Code Geass all over again.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:38 am Reply with quote
It's been 12 years since the last time I saw a Bones show's production schedule go completely off the rails. At least Wolf's Rain had the SARS scare as an excuse, but if they need extra time to do the finale justice, then so be it.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:46 am Reply with quote
YotaruVegeta wrote:
I can't complain about a longer episode, but Summer's almost over, people.

Summer lasts until the end of August in the northern hemisphere, by most standards. Unless you go by the equinox... then it lasts until September 22nd.
wohdin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:03 am Reply with quote
To be fair, there's an extremely high chance for a season 2. Just not any time soon, because there isn't nearly enough manga material remaining for a full season. Maybe like half a season if they stretched it out. To be fair, this is like, the only series I could imagine finding "filler" acceptable - hell, the entire show itself is basically just a giant filler arc - but yeah, I wouldn't be too upset at an original episode or two. But the manga definitely needs to be filled out more as well before a season 2 can really happen.

The chapters I'm assuming they'll be using for the "finale" here are kind of weirdly paced, and I could see how they wouldn't be able to squeeze it into a single episode. The show itself has been fairly faithful so far, and they probably don't want to stray too far from that.

I'm not too worried. I just want this to hurry up and come out.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:36 am Reply with quote
Imagine a production mess up like this happening on American TV..........
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:18 am Reply with quote
First, I will defend Bones and say that we cannot assume that this delay was caused by production issues on their end. To me the fact that BBB's final episode will air after June suggest that this delay was a screw up by a tv channel(s), and as a make up the episode will be allowed to aired at a later date, which is a rare occurrence.

SpacemanHardy wrote:
That sucks about the delay, but an extra-long finale does sound pretty neat.

I am also upset by the delay, but this is an optimistic way too look at it. I am all for a longer episode; I hope it does not take that long to air.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:18 am Reply with quote
Sigh delayed why cant they just release it on the internets if they need a longer time
Korogoro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:21 am Reply with quote
So we will have to wait for at least another week, I just hope it won't be delayed until August or something. It would be wonderful to have a 1 hour long final episode but it actually takes me 2 hours to watch only a 24 minutes episode because I keep rewatching it, so if the final episode is 1 hour long I'm doomed.
As for the seacond season, that would be great news, unless this is like Hamatora: good first season, disgusting second one.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:54 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sigh delayed why can't they just release it on the internets if they need a longer time

Less money than TV broadcast and then internet release.

This is sort of like what happened to Kuroko's Basketball, which also got pushed back, though in that case the date was specified.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3