• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Exclusive: Vampire Hunter D Has New Animated Series in the Works

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm on the fence here, too. On one hand, we'll finally see some of the material from the later novels adapted, on the other hand, CG. CG works for mechanical stuff, I personally think Knights of Sidonia looks good but CG for something more organic like the Vampire Hunter D world is gonna be hard to pull off correctly. I guess I'll wait for some footage to see how it turns out.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:08 am Reply with quote
"Kikuchi himself, as well as Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust director Yoshiaki Kawajiri, are also involved with the project. "

Awesome.

Shar Aznabull wrote:
I'm a bit worried about it being CG, but these are the same guys who did the Resident Evil movies (the good ones, not that bad fanfiction they called a movie) and those looked phenomenal so if it can look anywhere near as good as those it's fine by me. Besides, more Vampire Hunter D is never a bad thing.

Agreed. If they do it well I'll be fine with it and the visuals in those were quite good. Been hoping for a series for this for ages since the movies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3