• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dead Account?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalis116_v2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
This is one reason that I don't quite like email verification: make one typo and your account is dead for good.
So, for the last few days, I've been posting under this "v2" account...I'd been changing a few things on my original profile, and accidentally changed the e-mail address to something invalid. Without warning or opportunity for correction, I got a message saying that my account had gone inactive, and that I should contact admin personnel to resolve the issue. I haven't heard back from the support@ann address that I came across, so I thought I'd try this forum. What I'm wondering is, is dormcat correct, or is there something that can be done at the admin level? I don't want to stop posting here or anything, but the prospect of redoing all the My Anime and My Collection work that I've put in is pretty depressing. I'd rather dispense with this temp account and go back to the original.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:43 pm Reply with quote
This has few times to me. Normally, I'll send a PM to Tempest and he'll change the e-mail back to what it use to be. That's why my e-mail is still [email protected] even though I changed email address since then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1