• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - Shirow's Kids

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
He also did the designs for a game called 'Sampaguita' which is the 3rd installment of the 'Yarudora' series. His style if very distinct and you can't miss it.

Ha! I played that! Laughing

Awesome. Quite few niche games that are really good. Though I'd always check out that game. Ah the days of those CD games that YOU had to import to play. Wink
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Anime World Order wrote:
PlainPersonoftheInternet wrote:
You forgot NEURO HARD, Mike. Shirow's brief attempt at world-building.

I can't help but notice that for pretty much every single column Mike writes, there is SOMEONE chiming in with a "you forgot to mention..." comment. As a point of advice to anyone considering doing this, which in sci-fi circles is "everyone" because SF fans in particular are really obsessed with demonstrating their kung fu is the strongest: if someone pens a column about a given fan topic, it is quite safe to assume that they are at least as equally capable of typing said topic into Google or Wikipedia as you are.

Therefore, if some information is present on IMDB/ANN Encyclopedia/Wikipedia/etc that is NOT present in said column, it is in all likelihood omitted on purpose, not "forgotten about." This particular column is already roughly 2500 words long as it stands.

Anyway, enough of that. Mike, YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE PART IN GUNDRESS WHERE THEY LOOK UP AT THE CEILING AND COMMENT ON THE WEATHER

Maybe Mike meant it rhetorically, but he did write / say this:

Mike wrote:
Got a favorite Shirow project? Have I forgotten some anime he's worked on? Actually, I'd be surprised if I have, I'm pretty sure I touched on all of 'em. Sound off in the comments!

In all fairness, discourse has to start somewhere.
edzieba

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:48 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Also, little know factiod, Shirow also designed an Airsoft rifle as well
He designed a whole load of Seburo weapons that crop up in many of his series. Poseidon have turned several of these designs into shells for Airsoft guns.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:00 am Reply with quote
edzieba wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
Also, little know factiod, Shirow also designed an Airsoft rifle as well
He designed a whole load of Seburo weapons that crop up in many of his series. Poseidon have turned several of these designs into shells for Airsoft guns.

He created the MN-23 as a commission by Poseidon. Poseidon just copied his other designs into reality.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3