• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Parasyte -the maxim- to Air on Toonami This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quote
No reason to hide it. Jason DeMarco himself (the guy who runs Toonami) came out on his Twitter and outright said it was playing on Toonami in the Fall.

Here's the link to the tweet:

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/616639624824406016
Mizerous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Next they will get Hunter X Hunter for the hat trick.
TG72

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quote
A better image for the truck would've been an Photoshopped version of that very first scene...but with the parasyte chomping down on ice cream instead of spoiler[that poor doomed woman]
JadeDahlia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I really don't see many similarities between Bleach and Parasyte at all?? I mean they're both kind of urban supernatural stories with shonen fighting but beyond that they have drastically different themes and tones.

Any idea if Parasyte will air uncensored? Last I checked Toonami edits anime and Adult Swim doesn't but that was before the revival so I'm not sure if it's changed since then.
Bloodgod

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Good to know the dub is coming sooner rather than later. They've been oddly quiet about the whole thing other than that teaser trailer and saying that there would be a dub.

I loved the original manga, and have read the TV series is great. I've been waiting for the dub to watch it, and force friends to watch it too... Wink
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quote
JadeDahlia wrote:

Any idea if Parasyte will air uncensored? Last I checked Toonami edits anime and Adult Swim doesn't but that was before the revival so I'm not sure if it's changed since then.

I dont recall seeing any bare boobs in the show, so it should be fine.
LokiReed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Alright, so that means we should have a dub by then!! Really, hoping they do a good job with the voices, i could see how Migi might be a little hard to nail in english, seeing as how he needs to be high pitch, but still be taken seriously.....
Futago_101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote
JadeDahlia wrote:
I really don't see many similarities between Bleach and Parasyte at all?? I mean they're both kind of urban supernatural stories with shonen fighting but beyond that they have drastically different themes and tones.

Toonami after the revival, via Adult Swim, airs all their anime uncut and uncensored. If they have to make any edits, it'll be minimal, such as the F-word.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:29 pm Reply with quote
JadeDahlia wrote:

Except maybe for that one time where spoiler[Migi shapeshifts into a giant penis], it should be fine.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:04 am Reply with quote
LokiReed wrote:

Alright, so that means we should have a dub by then!! Really, hoping they do a good job with the voices, i could see how Migi might be a little hard to nail in english, seeing as how he needs to be high pitch, but still be taken seriously.....

Nah, Migi doesn't need to be high-pitched. That was a decision by the anime studio that many people who've finished the manga years ago didn't agree with.

Futago_101 wrote:
JadeDahlia wrote:

Toonami after the revival, via Adult Swim, airs all their anime uncut and uncensored. If they have to make any edits, it'll be minimal, such as the F-word.

And blurring nudity on Tenchi GXP.

But Toonami pre-revival wasn't on Adult Swim. Post-revival, it's more like Adult Swim with a Toonami name. So whatever was done on Toonami pre-revival has no bearing on post-revival, which is just Adult Swim in another name.
JadeDahlia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Futago_101 wrote:

veemonjosh wrote:
Except maybe for that one time where spoiler[[Migi shapeshifts into a giant penis]], it should be fine.

Ok cool, thanks! I thought I had heard something like that but just wanted to confirm.

enurtsol wrote:
LokiReed wrote:
LokiReed wrote:

Nah, Migi doesn't need to be high-pitched. That was a decision by the anime studio that many people who've finished the manga years ago didn't agree with.

Yeah I also think as long as the performances are good the voices don't have to sound exactly like they did in the original version. Sometimes it can be jarring at first when I'm used to certain characters sounding a certain way, but there's been times where I actually thought the voice changed for the better in English, or at least worked just as well and made more sense for a localization.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:25 pm Reply with quote
kuzronk wrote:
Seems like a great fit. Madhouse stuff does well in places like US and it reminds me of Bleach a bit.

Parasyte reminds you of Bleach? The only thing they have in common is that a teenage male is in some type of conflict.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:47 am Reply with quote
JadeDahlia wrote:

I'm wondering mostly about the scene where two under-aged adolescents have sex, or don't network Standards and Practices departments care about that any more?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:36 pm Reply with quote
In terms of censorship, let's take a look at SAO II: The psychotic stalker that Johnny Yong Bosch plays almost raped Sinon in last week's episode but that was kept in. For strong language, I have heard the s--- and god---- said in it.

I think that this is the type of edits some fans may be more accepting with because it is nearly uncensored.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Toonami aired the commercial for Saturday Oct 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW7Gb9mKUeQ
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2