• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Offers Unaired Free! Eternal Summer Episode

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
So I am confused as it concerns the OVA the only thing you get by ordering the CE is a discount? If so than I will just stick to the LE I guess. I am not going to buy just one episode anyways.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Yeah this isn't a premium edition funimation, looks at Sentai or Aniplex to learn how to make premium editions. The art cards and book could have easily been part of the LE.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:29 am Reply with quote
fencer_x wrote:
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
I'm psyched that they'll release the OVA and I'm always a sucker for art books, but that price tag is giving me a pause.

Why are you 'psyched'? It's part of the DVD collection. It was always a given they would release it. I'm not really sure why this article is titled the way it is. It's like saying "Funimation offers to release all of the episodes they licensed".

We don't usually get ovas and special episodes in the US so, yes, this is something to be excited about.
Crez

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:41 am Reply with quote
Thank you Funimation for lowering the price so that the poor students STILL can't afford it at all ^______________^
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Gave it a lot of thought and, as much as I love special features and want that art book, $90 is too steep for my income right now, so I'll snatch up the LE and look for the OVA when it hits shelves in the future. Did the same for Brotherhood's OVA.

If I get a chance to get more Free! art books in the future, I'll keep an eye out for this one. I love you guys, FUNi, but I just can't justify spending that much on half of a series.
DillMan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:57 pm Reply with quote
This release looks awesome. If only Funimation had season 1 licensed. Makes me sad the much better season has a crap release from another company with nothing special offered Sad Such a wasted opportunity.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2