• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Ro-Kyu-Bu, Loups-Garous, ef

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Only shame... no more Gintama?

Yea, this sucks. I was hoping to hear something about it to. We'll probably never here any more about Gintama again.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
CLANNAD ON BLU-RAY!!!!!!! I SHALL BUY THEM!!! ALL!!!!! NONE FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I hope EF gets Dub and Blu-Ray.

Also Sumomomo Momomo! For Blu-ray with dub! and Since everyone is jumping on Loli's these days Kodomo No Jikan please!!!!!!!!

I await and pray for the day Sumomomo Momomo gets licensed by Section23.
Cloud668

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I already have all of the first Clannad season on R2 DVDs, but a BD release of After Story will be an immediate purchase for me if they are going to release that too. Very Happy Here's hoping Ef will get BD releases too.
Dagon123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Tsuruya-San wrote:
So awesome to see Ef: a tales of memories licensed at last Very Happy

No words can describe how angry I am at Sentai of all people picking up ef. I was really hoping Media Blasters for this one. Sentai is literally the last group given how poor their releases are overall. Aniplex USA would have been my top choice, but this doesn't seem like their type of show.

I think you got the names backwards, otherwise you must be joking because I'm laughing pretty hard Laughing
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:57 pm Reply with quote
So they licensed a pedo anime, two moe trash anime, and only the last two looks any good. Oh and more Golgo 13, can't wait for that.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Tsuruya-San wrote:

I agree, also I hope the case for the Clannad blu-rays will look nicer. I really don't want the shitty cases I got for the dvds, thats why I didn't pick up After Story yet.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Hannish Lightning wrote:
So they licensed a pedo anime, two moe trash anime, and only the last two looks any good. Oh and more Golgo 13, can't wait for that.

Calling ef moe trash, oh you.
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Tsuruya-San wrote:

No words can describe how angry I am at Sentai of all people picking up ef. I was really hoping Media Blasters for this one. Sentai is literally the last group given how poor their releases are overall. Aniplex USA would have been my top choice, but this doesn't seem like their type of show.

Erm it was made by Geneon, not Aniplex. What Aniplex USA release has nothing to do with genre, it's just shows they've made.
FUNimation (thank god it wasn't them, it would take ages) would have been most likely given how many titles they got from Geneon recently, though they do seem to be having trouble with them..
SpikesGrrl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:12 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!! More Saiyuki WITH the ADV dub cast *does happy dance*

Mary
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Oh hey, thank goodness I didn't order the Clannad DVD set before this announcement. I'll be getting that quickly. I heard ef - a tale of memories and its second season is pretty good, so I'll try them out too.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone seen Loups-Garous? I've heard this show mentioned quite literally only once before by anyone and I seem to recall they said it was awful. Does anyone have any opinions on it?

Other than that, I'm a bit disappointed. There's really very little in the way of recent anime that I actually care to buy so I'm fairly indifferent to most licenses this season. Sentai has had often picked up older, cheaper licenses from around 2007-2008 though and I was hoping we might see a few of the many forgotten gems picked up. I really have no interest in Ef though.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:

I'll only end up buying it if it's a blu-ray (just to keep my ef collection complete) and keep it shrink wrapped considering how they'll likely butcher the subs given all the metaphor and symbolism in the show.

Since when has Sentai "butchered" subs? They have been known to have some problems with typos in the past, but nothing that I would call anything close to "butchering." (And I'm the person who's probably been on their case the most about the typos.) In fact, Sentai has been more diligent that others about keeping subtitles accurate, and unlike other companies I could name they aren't shy about putting explanatory notes in their subtitles.

Concerning other titles, I am very surprised that Loups-Garous got picked up, as I had thought that this one would never see the light of day. It is a very different kind of sci fi movie, one which focuses on the potential dark side of social isolation in a future culture and is undoubtedly intended as a commentary on social phenomena currently being seen in Japan. (Its name is even more a metaphor than a literal reference to werewolves.) I very much look forward to being able to give it a proper review.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kohii

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quote
dxprog wrote:
Looks like I'll be buying Clannad again. Glad I didn't spring for the "upgrade".

Yeah, english dubs are hardly an "upgrade" for me too. I bought the original subbed releases and I'm just happy with them. I'm definitely considering getting the BDs. Will just have to wait and see how my wallet is holding up (after preordering a few figures coming out in Aug/Sep).

Don't know much about Ro-kyu-bu. Loli fanservice anime is not really appealing unless it has a decent story (A Channel bored me).

Other than that, there is nothing else from this article that interests me. Sentai and FUNi usually get the kinda stuff I like (Angel Beats, Amagami, GaRei, Dance in the Vampire Bund...).
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Has anyone seen Loups-Garous? I've heard this show mentioned quite literally only once before by anyone and I seem to recall they said it was awful. Does anyone have any opinions on it?

Other than that, I'm a bit disappointed. There's really very little in the way of recent anime that I actually care to buy so I'm fairly indifferent to most licenses this season. Sentai has had often picked up older, cheaper licenses from around 2007-2008 though and I was hoping we might see a few of the many forgotten gems picked up. I really have no interest in Ef though.

I can give a look into for you man, I need something more as of late than just harem/generic shows so this might be worth a shot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:55 pm Reply with quote
The only nitpick I have with Sentai is their yellow-subs, I don't know the case for DVDs/BDs but the yellow subs get annoying after a while. Rolling Eyes I don't mind the spelling errors since I've seen a few on many streams.

Hopefully Sentai will announce more news about the Ro-Kyu-Bu license. If they don't plan to stream it on TAN, it could be possible that they might have another license in mind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7