• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Monster Musume, Million Doll This Summer; The Perfect Insider in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:19 am Reply with quote
#837783 wrote:

curious that its US/Canada only.

The publisher for To Love-ru Darkness 2 is likely TBS, and that wouldn't be at all uncommon for them. Aoharu x Machinegun, another TBS simulcast this season, is also US & Canada only.

Polycell wrote:
Really? I couldn't find any news on their site that wasn't from 2012 when I checked before making that post. A quick look in the forums didn't combat that impression, but I did find a post that mentioned that the third-party video player they use apparently hadn't been upgraded to the newest version available(and that video player was easily the worst thing about TAN when I had a subscription, since it clearly wasn't meant for subtitled shows).

Their main page seems to be taken up by their binge guides, and the latest announcement I spotted when you click the "more" link that takes you to the announcement forum is from May (but this year):
https://forums.theanimenetwork.com/t/oh-may-gosh-look-at-all-the-new-anime/8165

I don't recall exactly when it occurred, but their web player has also changed from the one they had around this time last year.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:50 am Reply with quote
I find it weird that CR is most likely going to get the censored Monster Musume and Darkness 2 streams yet they also have the censored/uncensored Okusama streams. I would like to have an explanation of that.
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:20 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Broly The Saiyan wrote:
With triage x and shinmai censorship it makes me wonder if monster musume would be better off with funimation.

FUNi's has censored streams too, so no.

Actually they do when after it is released on DVD/blu ray.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I find it weird that CR is most likely going to get the censored Monster Musume and Darkness 2 streams yet they also have the censored/uncensored Okusama streams. I would like to have an explanation of that.

Darkness 2 is easy to explain: No one will likely have an uncensored version until the home video version is released. (Even AT-X didn't have an uncensored version of the first Darkness series).

As Okusama is a short form anime, it is likely it was easier and/or less expensive to secure an uncensored version. Shorts are typically focused more on promoting the original material than home video sales.

Frankly, anyone interested in seeing more uncensored anime on CR should strongly consider viewing it, even if they don't care for that specific series.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:43 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Darkness 2 is easy to explain: No one will likely have an uncensored version until the home video version is released. (Even AT-X didn't have an uncensored version of the first Darkness series).

Really? Even on AT-X there were those annoying "light beams" or "super bath steam" covering a quarter of the screen? I'm sure the viewers who paid for that channel (AT-X is Premium Channel after all) must've liked that.

Last edited by Hameyadea on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:16 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

Really? Even on AT-X there were those annoying "light beams" or "super bath steam" covering a quarter of the screen? I'm sure the viewers to paid for that channel (AT-X is Premium Channel after all) must've liked that.

Apparently the same is also true for Monster Musume on AT-X this season.

Keep in mind the publisher has the final say. If they don't want to provide an uncensored version, AT-X can either take what the publisher offers or do without that series.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Despite the announcement in this article, I don't see any indication that Crunchyroll will be carrying Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider which begins airing on noitaminA this Thursday. It's not on CR's calendar nor does it come up in a search by title at the site. Anyone know what happened to this show?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3