• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Licenses My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As I Expected, How to Raise a Boring Girl

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garlogan78

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:46 pm Reply with quote
It is hard for me to read LNs. The writing is really subpar, or it just feels stilted do to translation choices. It just feels like a better experience seeing it come to life through animation.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:50 pm Reply with quote
OH MY GOD! BACCANO IS COMINGGGGGGGGGG! About damn time. Wink
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Finally, Sekirei got licensed! I would have thought a series like that would have been licensed buy now. Given how much of a (somewhat) popular and beloved series it is, to speed up the wait time, I think it would be nice if they did a few omnibuses with 4 volumes each.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Baccano! needs another season.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:19 pm Reply with quote
garlogan78 wrote:
It is hard for me to read LNs. The writing is really subpar, or it just feels stilted do to translation choices.
A good novel translation essentially requires the translator to be an author as well; the intersection of abilities and talents it takes isn't too common, so it's easy to end up with boring dreck or an indecipherable mess, but in rare cases, truly skilled craftsmen can produce works that even surpass the original.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:24 pm Reply with quote
SEKIREI GOT LICENSED HOLY BALLS. Even though it's digital, I'm so happy to see it come over! I would still really like them to print it eventually.

So glad Oregairu is coming too! I'm looking forward for to reading it in its entirety, and not missing a single thing.

Now, all we need is DxD and America's light novels are complete.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I always look forward to Yen Press' panels because of all the light novels. But I was really hoping they would get the Chaika novels to go along with the manga. But this is great news for those who are looking forward to these series!
chito895

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:43 pm Reply with quote
AWESOME NEWS. Saekano will be in my shelf once is out in stores. I hope they get the light novels too.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Man, this AX! This AX! My heart soars while my wallet cries.

Baccano! light novels! I'm excited!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Roxas4ever

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:10 pm Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
Okay.... I'm gonna try and not lose my shit to this..... They just announced there translating the original work of my favourite anime of all time..... Yeah.... no i won't lose my shit.........
Anime cry OOOOOOOHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYY GGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!
BAAACCCCAAAAANNNOOO!!! MY BOOOOOYYYYY!!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!!

^This times a million. I seriously lost my shit when I saw the announcement. Oh my gosh. Yen Press can have all of my money.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Baccano! got licensed? Baccano! got licensed!?!?!

Well, I know where I'm going to be spending large amounts of money over the next few years... *sigh*
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:56 pm Reply with quote
SNAFU and Baccano? Fantastic! Looks like my list of things to watch for keeps getting longer.
Samo2222

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:16 pm Reply with quote
What an amazing week for licensing and announcements all across the whole board! I'm going to be picking up a lot of these for sure.
Dfens

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Kind of disappointed Sekirei and some of their other titles are digital only would have bought them pre-order, will not pay for digital. Not too surprised they are getting the license now since it's what 1-2 volumes away from being finished.

Still sucks for the light novels, great that people are getting the books they want but you'll be waiting years before they even catch up. One of the main reasons I was so let down with Mahouka which will take at least 5 years before they will catch up with only what 3 books a year.
idkAlan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I skipped day 4 thinking that Yen Press wasn't going to announce any big titles and now I read that Baccano, SNAFU, Saekano, and SEKIREI get licensed.
If I had gone to that panel I would've been screaming with joy up and down the room
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5