• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Licenses My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As I Expected, How to Raise a Boring Girl

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:18 am Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
population_tire wrote:
What are you guys hoping for next? I'd like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou and My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy.

Toradora, Moretsu Pirates, KamiMemo and Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria.

I want to go old school. I'm actually currently reading Scrapped Princess, and the more I read, the more upset I'm getting that only three novels (as far as I know) were ever translated by Tokypop and the anime isn't currently licensed and available anywhere.
There are a bunch of other titles that were only partially released here, notably The Twelve Kingdoms, Full Metal Panic!, Moribito, Trinity Blood, etc.
If Scrapped Princess is too old, than I suppose Chaika by the same author would be a nice consolation prize.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I want to go old school. I'm actually currently reading Scrapped Princess, and the more I read, the more upset I'm getting that only three novels (as far as I know) were ever translated by Tokypop and the anime isn't currently licensed and available anywhere.
There are a bunch of other titles that were only partially released here, notably The Twelve Kingdoms, Full Metal Panic!, Moribito, Trinity Blood, etc.
If Scrapped Princess is too old, than I suppose Chaika by the same author would be a nice consolation prize.

Well Viz's Haikasoru line is reprinting Otsuichi's Goth, which was originally a TokyoPop title. But it's also only one volume and from an author that Haikasoru's had success with before.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:10 pm Reply with quote
And Yen Press continues to be #1 in licensing manga and light novel titles.

So many titles that I was currently reading. Time to stop reading scanlation versions (don't want any further spoilers) and wait until their official releases. Smile
Space☆Candy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Looks like i'm gonna stay broke Smile
terminus24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
As someone who didn't really like how the Sekirei and Corpse Princess anime series ended, I was happy to see them licensed... Until I saw they were both digital only. Hope they get print versions, but I can see why they wouldn't want to print long done/almost done series.

However, I really like the LN announcements. I'm gonna have some trouble keeping up with all the LNs I'm currently following and the ones that I'll want when they come out.
blackice85

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:21 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
As someone who didn't really like how the Sekirei and Corpse Princess anime series ended, I was happy to see them licensed... Until I saw they were both digital only. Hope they get print versions, but I can see why they wouldn't want to print long done/almost done series.

However, I really like the LN announcements. I'm gonna have some trouble keeping up with all the LNs I'm currently following and the ones that I'll want when they come out.

I always thought that licensing a complete or nearly complete series would be better, since someone could buy the whole series and not wait years, and potentially lose interest. But I do see how it would be a bigger investment.
Bonham

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:22 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Baccano! got licensed? Baccano! got licensed!?!?!

Gonna party like it's ~2009~

Shit, it has been six years since Funimation first released that on DVD here. Then the Aniplex release on Blu-ray two years later. How the time goes...

Either way, if we can't have another season of Baccano!, I'll definitely take the light novels. Can't wait to buy them.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:

None of the stuff in the Yen/Squeenix partnership are "digital only." They're "digital first." Through the partnership, they can get the digital rights, and then they work to get the physical rights. Hamada-kun was one of the first titles they got, and they announced it in April at Sakura-Con, and already have the physical rights for it as well.
blackice85

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
terminus24 wrote:

None of the stuff in the Yen/Squeenix partnership are "digital only." They're "digital first." Through the partnership, they can get the digital rights, and then they work to get the physical rights. Hamada-kun was one of the first titles they got, and they announced it in April at Sakura-Con, and already have the physical rights for it as well.

Really? That makes me hopeful then. I mean, digital is better than not at all, but I really prefer collecting and reading real books too, even if it can cost a bit more sometimes.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:14 am Reply with quote
I'll admit that title "How to raise a boring Girlfriend" is an interesting title. I may have to look into this one. So we're getting the Baccano stories, excellent news. More good stuff to come.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5