• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Monster Musume Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Congrats. I remember someone was hoping that they could have Brittney Karbowski play Mia in a dub. Maybe it will happen.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Well there goes a chance at a dub.

Also, licensing these days just seems like a Cold War Arms race between Funi and Sentai, and I gotta say I don't like it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
Also, licensing these days just seems like a Cold War Arms race between Funi and Sentai, and I gotta say I don't like it.

Why not? If onlu one company out there was getting this titles then they could do atrocious dubs with censored releases and you would not have an option of punishing them by buying stuff from another company.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I am watching the first episode as I type this. While I haven't actually read the manga the yet, I actually can see Brittney play Miia, considering that Brittney has played characters with similar personalities before.

Heck, I wish they would dub To Love-Ru and have Brittney play Lala (One reason is that Haruka Tomatsu was the counterpart to Brittney's Cat Planet Cuties role).
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:08 am Reply with quote
I knew Sentai would get this, but I had hoped for Funi instead.

I think Sentai understands the popularity of this show, so I'm fairly confident they'll dub it.

I suppose a "plus" for Sentai is that since they're smaller, they're much more intimate with the fans than Funimation. So perhaps, if I bitch at them enough about getting Brittany Karbowski as Miia, maybe they'll listen.

God I hope they get Brittany.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:37 am Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:

Don't forget Aniplex. They normally get all the really good series.

Funi and Sentai and probably trying to license all they can before all the Japanese companies start invading the American market. (haven't heard how Pony Canyon is doing, but they haven't backed out yet)
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:43 am Reply with quote
I was hoping and praying Funimation would license this. As of now, it's 50/50 on whether it'll get a dub and even worse odds that it'll get a good dub. Just please don't pull a Super Sonico and cast Yaya Han as Miia. Please don't screw this up, Sentai. I can't trust you anymore after Super Sonico.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
Mr.Shonen wrote:

Don't forget Aniplex. They normally get all the really good series.

Funi and Sentai and probably trying to license all they can before all the Japanese companies start invading the American market. (haven't heard how Pony Canyon is doing, but they haven't backed out yet)

I don't really have a problem with Funi and Sentai picking up the majority of titles either. At least with those two, I can actually afford the series unlike certain other companies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2