• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Wife is the Student Council President (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:08 pm Reply with quote

My Wife is the Student Council President (TV)

Genres: comedy, romance
Themes: ecchi

Plot Summary: High school freshman Hayato Izumi lost the campaign for student council president to Ui Wakana, a girl who shocked the entire student body by promising "will remove all restrictions on campus romance" and gave away free condoms. Later that day Wakana the president-elect brought her belongings to Izumi's residence and claimed herself his betrothed fiancée.
----------------------------------

Of course I only watched the uncensored version. Why bother with the other?

The first episode fails to impress. There must be a million ways to drop a nubile willing teenage girl on a teenage boy living alone and the anime industry has managed to explore all one of them. The old "our parents promised" thing. (and forgot to ever mention it until after the fact of course.)

What also doesn't work with me is the totally dual nature of the female lead. On one hand she is the intelligent driving top-grade student that drove to win an election and the rest of the time she is an oblivious bimbo barely able to not put her panties on backwards.

So 2/10 so far folks. And 1.5 of that is fan service. The fact that it was only 8 minutes saved them from wasting the other .5.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

So 2/10 so far folks. And 1.5 of that is fan service. The fact that it was only 8 minutes saved them from wasting the other .5.

Precisely. If it wasn't for the fanservice there'd be absolutely no reason to watch this, since it offers nothing else to the viewer. No story, no humour, no characters worth a damn, no originality. Nothing but one uncensored breast-sucking scene. Whoop-dee-doo, I can see dozens of such scenes like that in Seikon no Qwaser if I wanted to.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit the only reason I looked into this was Crunchyroll got the uncensored version. I was somewhat disappointed to see it was a short(it felt paced just fine for a full episode otherwise). I like the way they balance Hayato's libido and decency, along with her bizarre eagerness over the situation with some clear reservations, I'm quite looking forward to where they take it from here.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:09 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
HaruhiToy wrote:

Precisely. If it wasn't for the fanservice there'd be absolutely no reason to watch this, since it offers nothing else to the viewer. No story, no humour, no characters worth a damn, no originality. Nothing but one uncensored breast-sucking scene. Whoop-dee-doo, I can see dozens of such scenes like that in Seikon no Qwaser if I wanted to.

no, even if there is no fan service people still watch those short ep anime. CR has many of those. There was 3 mins anime about a very tall little brother and very short big sister on CR. it was very popular based on CR's views ranking. AS long as they make the marriage funny, people will watch.
ayanami000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:18 am Reply with quote
I'm planning to this any kind of push to really consider buying this.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
ayanami000 wrote:

Your sentence does not make any sense.
ayanami000

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:02 am Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:
ayanami000 wrote:

Your sentence does not make any sense.

SORRY about that. I'm Planning to buy this. And I'm quite of having second thoughts. Is it good what do think?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:45 am Reply with quote
ayanami000 wrote:
SORRY about that. I'm Planning to buy this. And I'm quite of having second thoughts. Is it good what do think?

It is usually not a good policy to fully judge an anime after one episode which is why I would watch at least two more in spite of its pretty bad first impression.

It helps that it is a short format. At least if I end up dropping it I don't feel I have invested too much time.

As to whether it is good the short answer is no for the reasons stated above. I am all in favor of sexually-themed anime but it has to have some interesting or unique substance underlying it. Episode 1 has shown neither attribute.
ayanami000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:36 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
ayanami000 wrote:

It is usually not a good policy to fully judge an anime after one episode which is why I would watch at least two more in spite of its pretty bad first impression.

It helps that it is a short format. At least if I end up dropping it I don't feel I have invested too much time.

As to whether it is good the short answer is no for the reasons stated above. I am all in favor of sexually-themed anime but it has to have some interesting or unique substance underlying it. Episode 1 has shown neither attribute.

It's fine I'm in to that kind of gamble now a days. And I'm just trying to expand my collection with exoticism.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:33 am Reply with quote
@ayanami000

You will likely have to buy it directly from Japan. It is early days yet, but I don't see it being picked up for North American release.
ayanami000

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 am Reply with quote
It's just fine with me. Better of this is that its in original from. I'm studying the language so its fine. And shipping is no prob to. Very Happy
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:57 am Reply with quote
it's a 7 1/2 min romcom, with occasional boobs. nothing really different here, but I do like it. this would probably bore me if it were full length
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

What this anime with this episode gets the most credit for is causing me to realize I don't know what to think about it.

It seems to have gotten somehow better, but I can't put my finger on it.

Part of the problem is that the characters each act so differently from one scene to the next. It is almost like they are mixing several anime together. I guess I'm not done with this yet.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Ep 4.

Looks like I'm all alone here, and I'm losing hope of this anime amounting to anything. It is almost like a watered down Shimoneta with even less internal consistency.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quote
It's only 8 min, not really much to talk about
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2